Mushrooms and The Forest {A Happy May Post}

8:47 AM

This lovely picture it via my sister

Hola everyone and happy May!
This is one of my favorite times of year for many reasons but here is three....
1. Everything is absolutely gorgeous  
2. Wild mushrooms 
3. Beautiful walks in the woods

Reason #2 may sound a bit odd, but it's true - I am a HUGE fan of mushrooms and if you have never had them wild and from the woods, then you're missing out. My Dad took me and my siblings out for a walk through the woods a few days back, and we were able to find a few edible mushrooms. Sadly we couldn't actually eat them though, because about a hundred bugs had decided they loved them too. 
The walk through the forest was lovely however (as you can see from the picture), and I am happy that at last we can go on more hikes (we're planning for another short one this weekend). 
I love the woods in the spring - the trees are at last getting their leaves, and seeing everything change from winter to spring is just so amazing. I can see God at work everywhere, and I feel so close to Him out in nature. 
So have you ever had wild mushrooms (the edible ones of course)? What's one of your favorite things about May?
Adios for now readers!

You Might Also Like

6 of your thoughts

  1. I've never had wild mushrooms, but I'm pretty sure I would love them because I'm a huge fan of mushrooms and there's nothing I like better than hiking in the woods.

    I am enjoying everything about May right now, especially the wildflowers (thank you April showers!) and the way everything's turned green and beautiful. I'm enjoying the extra sunshine, the longer days,...yeah, pretty much everything.

    I'm new to your blog, by the way, but I'm looking forward to keeping up with it!

    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Danielle!
      The long days of summer and spring are awesome, as well as the wildflowers - time to get out my camera once more and walk through the field. =)
      Thanks so much for commenting and checking out my blog.
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete
    2. Hola Danielle!
      The long days of summer and spring are awesome, as well as the wildflowers - time to get out my camera once more and walk through the field. =)
      Thanks so much for commenting and checking out my blog.
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete
  2. MUSHROOMS! Are yummy. :D And walks in the woods are delightful.
    I enjoyed reading through the posts you did in March when I was taking a blog break. Lovely pictures!
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! Have you ever had wild ones?
      Thank you for being awesome and commenting. =)
      Love,
      Kara

      Delete
    2. I have and they were wonderful. ☺
      Thank you!
      ~ S. F.

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8