No Place to Hide {a book review}

8:12 AM

As soon as I opened "No Place to Hide", from the very amazing Lynette Eason, I was instantly thrust full force into the story!
The book is about Jackie Stellers - a woman who has given up almost completely on God and no longer wants to pray. When she stumbles upon a news story that's hit the TV saying her childhood friend Ian is wanted for being connected to terrorist, she knows it can't be true. She hasn't seen him in a long time, but trusts him completely.  
Jackie sets out to clear Ian's name, but finds herself in under her head - and both of them on the run! 
OK so this book (hands down) is completely and utterly a fantastic read! It reminds me of something you'd find on a Sherlock episode (particularly episode 3 of season 1). There's murders, terrorist, high energy chases and a mood that is dark. People get shot, others are blackmailed, a twisted plot, and through all this - good Christian themes. 
Jackie struggles - why does God allow bad things happen to good people? Does He really care? It's a question I think all of us can relate to one time on another, and Ian helps her (and us readers) understand why. Not really in a way that's "in your face", but gently and thoughtfully. 
Jackie and Ian are attracted to each other, but the romance is light and doesn't seem to be the full focus of the story (which I liked). 
This book not only has Christian themes and a bit of romance, but lots of thrills and suspense (hence the genre of the read). I absolutely loved it! At times I would get into the book so much that if anyone dropped something on the floor while I was reading or suddenly slammed a door, I would jump up out of my chair - thinking it somehow had to do with the story. 
Now at times there is slight flaws  - the POV can go from Jackie's and (just when I was getting into it), switch for a moment to an agent, Ian, or another character. This made it at times difficult for me, but really wasn't that big of a deal. 
Overall the characters developed nicely, I related well to the questions of faith, and was highly enjoying everything the whole time. I recommend this book completely and utterly!
Perfect for anybody (teens and adults) that want an edge of your seat book! 

Note: Revell was kind enough to allow me to get this book for free in exchange for doing a review of it. All opinions and thoughts are all my own. ☺
 

You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8