Summer Bucket List

9:38 AM



Hola everyone!
At last.... school is done for the summer!!! Teaching my siblings (as well as doing my own school) is rewarding, but at times tiring - now I have some free time. =) 
I have a summer bucket list here (of sorts) with books I want to read, movies I want to see, and goals I've set. Here is 'tis.....

Summer reading list....


picture via Pinterest
 (isn't that where I always get them? =) 
The Giver, written by Lois Lowery 

The Hounds of Baskerville, by Sir Author Canon Doyle 

The Red Badge of Courage, from Stephen Crane

The Scarlet Letter, from the pen of Nathaniel Nawthorne  

Robin Hood BBC episode one (yes, there is a book) 

The Crucible, by Arthur Miller 

Uncle Tom's Cabin, from the pen of Harriet Beecher Stowe 

Lord of the Rings trilogy (re reading it), by J.R.R Tolkien 

Crispin, from Avi 

So that us about 99% of my summer reading list, though of course the list will grow bigger as I get free books from BookLook and some publishing companies where I am part of a review program. Hopefully I got all the authors right in the list! ☺

And now for the movies and TV... 


Merlin TV show 

Cranford and Return to Cranford TV show 

Race to Freedom 

Captive Heart

Les Miserables 

Unbroken 

The Giver 

Beyond the Mask 

The Young Riders TV show 

Re watch North and South BBC 



because this is too funny... ^


And for writing...
I want to write other a hundred pages for my story, "When Answers Die", and  edit my first story with all the people who agreed to critique it. Thanks guys (you know who you are! ☺). 
Oh, and I now have a name for my story trilogy - "Sons and Heirs". What do you think?

My other goals...
To share Christ with someone 
Encourage someone 
Take at least one Pinterest or blogging break 
Put everything on Ebay I need to sell
Spend time with family more
Swim in the river
Save my money and spend less
Go on a long hike 
Journal at least three times a week
Read through the New Testament of the Bible
Memorize a chapter of the Bible 
Do one vlog 

This was funny too and made me smile ☺^ 


So there.... do you have any plans for summer? I'll get back with y'all on this post in August so I (and you) can see if I accomplished my goals. 
Adios for now!

You Might Also Like

8 of your thoughts

  1. Wonderful! I love all of your choices. Especially the first one in your list of movies and shows. ;) But seriously, I love all of these! I need to take a blogging break at some point during the summer, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, Merlin - I am totally looking forward to and it is one of my favorites as well. =)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful plans! This summer I need to re-watch Merlin and Robin Hood...and North & South and Cranford.

    Have you ever read the book North & South? If you enjoy the adaptation, you will love the book. :)

    Bahaha....that tweet from Richard Armitage. XD

    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I've never read the book but I want to if I ever get the chance. I looked at my library, but I don't think they have it. Did you read it?
      I love a lot of Richard Armitage's tweets - glad you liked it. =)

      Delete
  3. I hope you can accomplish all the things on your list this summer! You have some good goals. I should create a summer bucket list, too. :)
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you S.F! If you create one I'd love to see it! =)

      Delete
  4. Yay for Cranford. I hope you enjoy that. It's really quite awesome. Oh, and I read and saw The Giver. It's pretty good, interesting for sure. Happy summer, Kara. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Summer to you too Rissi! I hope your's is amazing. ♥

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.