Worry is my Companion

8:31 AM

picture via Pinterest

If you know me then you know I am a HUGE worrier! I worry about huge wind storms, what my future holds, when I should get my divers license, if I'll wreck when I get my drivers license, if (and when) I'll get a new camera since mine is going down hill pretty fast, if my blog is any good, etc, etc, etc. Yeah.... I worry a lot. I've actually got to the point where I've found I'm obsessed with worry (and I thought my obsession with BBC movies was bad!). I've even been getting distracted while reading my Bible because I was worrying about one thing or another. 
Unlike BBC movies, I've come to hate this obsession and latest companion in my daily life. 
Through this time of worrying though, I've learned one thing - worry chokes you. It squeezes out your faith in God and makes you afraid to try new things and follow the Creator's plan for your life. 
I have to laugh at myself, because where is all this worrying getting me? No where! Worry doesn't make bad things stop happening, it won't make me a safer driver, I won't write better blog posts because of it, and it won't help me pay for a new camera. It does nothing for me. 
God is in control of a situation - not you or me. Faith in Him is so much more rewarding and everlasting than fearing how your day will go. He's there to guide you, to protect and love you. Unlike worry, you'll actually be so much more happier trusting the One who sees the bigger picture. 
Faith doesn't come easy (as you probably have noticed) - it takes prayer, reading your Bible, and placing your life in Jesus' hands - not your own. But don't worry (pun intended ☺)  you don't need a lot of faith - just that the size of a mustard seed. 

Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:31 

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Kara, thank you so much for sharing this! Worry and anxiety has always been a big struggle for me as well. Sometimes it's hard for me to trust God because I'm so afraid things won't work out the way they are supposed to or the way I want them to. I think that's why the Bible tells us to "fear God" so many times over. God is worthy of our fear and our trust at the same time...whereas most of the things we are afraid of on earth pale in comparison with the power of God and aren't trustworthy whatsoever.

    Thanks again!
    God bless,
    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen - God is worthy of being feared and not anything on this earth compares to Him and His amazing power. Thanks so much for your encouraging comment! It really blessed me. ♥

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.