I'm Sick of This Fear

9:17 AM

picture via Korin 

Last week I was doing my quiet time as I have been trying to do almost every morning this spring (and early summer). It was about six in the morning and the sun was not yet over the mountains. The birds were singing and if you looked you could see the moon over the tops of the trees. 
I was reading my Bible (chapter two of Matthew I believe), and I have to admit my mind was going off - off the pages and somewhere else. I was thinking of all the things in the this life, how I struggle with fear, and how I'm always afraid of what people think of me. 
I've written blog posts on fear - how I'm trying to overcome it, but suddenly I realized that it's still there - whispering lies in my ears (and I am and was listening). Suddenly I just stood up (literally), and said out loud. "I'm sick of this. I am done with this fear. I will no longer let it control my life. I want God to be ruler - not fear."
Then I took a deep breath, sat down and focused on reading my Bible. 
Realize, my fear is still there and if I let it, it'll sneak up on me and continue whispering untrue things to me. The thing is I've come to the point where I am absolutely done with this - I'm tired of worrying constantly and making it an idol in my life. 
I've said it before but I'll say it again - fear controls you. Suddenly however, (even though I was sick of it before), I totally was done with it. I realized more then ever how I want to live undaunted. 
I want to go through this journey of life - this incredible adventure without constant worry. Caution is important but so is trust in the Creator. 
Ever since I stood up and proclaimed that I was done with fear I have seen a slight change. I still fear but every time it does happen I cry out to God, asking Him to make me brave and give me faith. Without God's help I  will fear, and I guess before I've not really let it soak in. 
If I don't have Jesus, I will be afraid. I will go down the path God has made for me completely daunted. But I know if I put my complete and utter trust in Him then I can go fearlessly. 

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. LOVE this! I can totally relate with the fear/worry struggle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words & as an older sister-in-Christ I applaud your stance. Keep fighting the good fight, brave beautiful girl! Know you are one of a multitude (myself, too) facing this battle, but we have God on our side & that makes all the difference.

    Blessings & Love,
    -Bess-

    P.S.: These verse help me & I hope they do you, too...

    “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer & petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
    -Philippians 4:6

    “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”
    -1 Peter 5:7
    “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you with my righteous right hand.”
    -Isaiah 41:10

    “Have I not commanded you? Be strong & courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
    -Joshua 1:9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SOOO much Bess for your encouraging comment!!!!! I really needed it today and your comment was such a blessing!
      The verses are some of my favorites - I especially love Joshua 1:9. It is one that has helped me many times!
      Again, thank you!!!
      God bless!
      Love,
      Kara

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.