A Summer Day In The Country

8:25 AM




I stand on the edge of the river, my heart beating in my ears, adrenaline pumping through me. The dock stands before me - only feet from the river. The sun shines down on the water, the sky casting it blue.  It isn't summer without this moment - the reason I look forward to warm weather. Then I take a deep breath and run. My feet pound on the old wooden boards that creak under my weight. I stand for a second on the edge and then leap. For a moment I'm airborne - I'm free, and then gravity takes over. I fall, and hit feet first into the water. The cold shocks my body for a moment, but I almost don't feel it. Silence surrounds me and I open my eyes. It's just me and the water. I swim - feeling the rocks under me, brushing against my legs. The sun barely cuts through but I see some of its rays.  Then I cut the moment short and push upwards. Light is above me and I break free. My head pops up and I draw in a breath, floating on my back. 

This is a moment in the life of a girl who loves the country. This is a moment of what a usual summer day can be for me at my grandparents.  

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. Beautiful photo! That looks like such a wonderful, peaceful sort of place to enjoy some "quiet." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I really enjoy sitting by the river (when I'm not swimming in it =), and if I lived there, it would be my place for peace (especially because I have five younger siblings, so I'm always in need of that!).

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfect summer day. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8