Back in Time {My Poem}

8:29 AM


Back in Time

I want to go to another place, another time
I want to go to a time where everything seemed fine
Maybe about when I was eight and was just learning that I loved to  roller skate
Or perhaps when I was five and life seemed just fine and I felt I had all this time 
I want to go back in time - a time where I thought that I could fly
Where all I had to worry about was scraped knees, falling off the swings, or nasty bumblebee stings
A time where I was asking, "Mommy, can I have a horse? Please oh please?"
I want to ride again in the back of my Daddy's truck 
I want to again believe that blowing dandelion puffs bring good luck
I don't want to have to worry about how to drive or how fast I'm finding that time flies on by
I've found that I only want to go back in time

  




You Might Also Like

7 of your thoughts

  1. I love this Kara =) I remember wishing on dandelions lol... I haven't for a while. Perhaps it's something I should start doing again.

    Deborah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! So relatable. Life is flying by for sure, as we always talk about :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, this is beautiful! I love the rhythm of the poem. Lovely writing-- keep it up, girl! You are talented.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8