letting go of my insecurities

8:40 AM



Worries. Insecurities. Both I think everyone deals with one time or another, both leaving me not trusting the One who made me. I tend to fear those around me and what they may think, but as children of our Creator, we need worry more about God is saying - not everyone else. 
We were created for a purpose and that purpose wasn't to put our entire faith in people but God and His Son. I tend to worry about what people think of me when I stumble over my words, say the wrong thing and make a moment awkward. I tend to cringe when I tell people I'm not planning on college anytime soon. I'm afraid that they'll think I'm not reaching high enough in my goals as an adult. I'm insecure about what I write, about my dreams, about my life. 
I need to let it all this go though, being myself and giving my insecurities to Christ - not hold them inside and continue to put up with it. 

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. | Philippians 3:13-14 | 

I need to keep my eye on God and His plan for my life - not about what people may be thinking about me. In a world where social media is a big part of life it is super easy to be something you're not, but as followers of Jesus we have to be different. In Him we are a new creation, so honestly we will probably seem strange to no believers in our actions and choices. We should hope they see a difference though. It should be our goal to be The Light, and that light is Jesus Christ.  


  Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
 | Romans 12:22|

You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8