A Writer's Link-Up

8:30 AM

Hola readers! I'm quite late to join this link-up but it looked fun and a way to let you see what I'm writing.  I have no idea what blog is/was hosting it but I thought I'd give it a go.  =)
On this tag I will be talking about a book/story I'm currently trying to write, and it's one you'll probably find me working on for a long while since I'm balancing it and the editing of "When Evil Reigns".






1. How did you come up with the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea? It runs off "When Evil Reigns", giving the backstory of my antagonist. It took about a day to form it all in my mind, but I knew for forever that Milosh needed his story told. 
2. Why are you excited to write this novel? It's about my antagonist and the love no one knows he has! I'm writing from the point of view of the girl and later on the "villain" - a man every one assumes is completely evil. That is so much fun! 

3. What is your novel about, and what is the title? The title is "The Broken Prince", and I'll just copy the about from my Pinterest board. 
He has always been the outcast, the enemy, and the hated. She has always been the daughter of the evil one, the feared. The tattoos on her wrists declaring her an enchantress separate her forever from her people. When Serena and Milosh meet, will together they defeat the forces holding them captive, or will darkness overcome their hearts forever?
4. Sum up your characters in one word each. (Feel free to add pictures!) Broken! Many of my characters are broken but individually I'd say this.

Milosh is definitely the most broken. He has lived his whole life in his father's shadow, the hated and despised, the child of unmarried parents. 


Serena is brave. She helps Milosh tear down those walls he's built up while she is still struggling with her own demons. 
5. Which character(s) do you think will be your favourite to write? Tell us about them! 

Milosh is by far my favorite! I have a little crush on this guy! Fun fact: He started out as an old man in my first story but *smiles sheepishly* in this he's now only nineteen and in "When Evil  Reigns" is only 30. 
Anyway, he's already my favorite! His emotional goals, struggles (internal and otherwise) are very complex. He's not your regular guy! He doesn't want to live up to his father's standards, yet still wants his approval because that's something he's never had - someone to say, "job well done". Not only that but he wants to help his people but doesn't know how. Then at the same time Milosh is falling for Serena behind his father's back, so it becomes a tangled web of deceit but eventually redemption and forgiveness. 

6. What is your protagonist’s goal, and what stands in the way? Milosh is the antagonist of my story in a way yet also the antagonist. Serena is the antagonist over him any day however. She doesn't have conflicting goals good vs. evil.  Milosh does.
 Slowly her goal becomes this: to help Milosh become the man he was meant to be, yet she also knows she can't fix him - no human alone can. That stands in her way. Common goodness alone can't change the mistakes you make or erase them. That's what Milosh and Serena learn together.   




7. Where is your novel set? (Show us pictures if you have them!) My novel is set in Sindaleer - my little made up country. It has hills, mountains, fields, and lots of caves down the southern end. My characters go throughout it all! 



8. What is the most important relationship your character has? Serena and Milosh are the only ones they have - each other. Otherwise they'd be alone. Completely. No one understands them and therefore they easily bond. 




9. How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel? She sees what can change us for the good, how her magic can help others, how to help save Milosh and keep evil at bay. She becomes stronger, braver, more sure of who she really is. 



10. What themes are in your book? How do you want your readers to feel when the story is over? Themes? Well good vs. evil obviously, as well as the power of love and redemption. Not only that but I want readers to take away this: No one can change you, no one except the love of Jesus Christ. He takes you as you are, sin, marks, and all, and nothing can change that - not even the darkest magic.


Follow my board: {Storyboard} The Broken Prince on Pinterest!

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Hi Kara,
    I love your blog name. I hope you check out my blog and please follow by email. creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    I also hope you check out my shop and please buy something. Like a necklace or bracelet. :) ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com
    Love in Christ,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Ashley! Thanks for commenting and checking out Saved by Grace! I will certainly check out your blog and see what's going on over at your end of the world.
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.