God Has Perfected The Timing

8:13 AM


My eleven year old brother actually encouraged me greatly yesterday, and he didn't even realize it! This may be a really weird way, but here goes the story...
Josiah has been absolutely dying to watch Captain America. Me and my family aren't really into DC comics/Marvel but recently my brothers have been digging into the books at the library.

Josiah has been begging my mom to let us watch Captain America and he won't let up. He begs, pleads - constantly. It's just his dream right now. smile emoticon
He's been asking for over five months now and still the answer is, "not yet, now's not going to work right now." We've been too busy to borrow a movie, and have been currently watching a TV show and were just hanging back (secretly I think we were all hoping he'd just forget it ;). 
Last week, clearly exasperated, he told me, "well, Mom isn't going to let me watch it. ever."
I wanted to laugh because my Mom had just told me that she's going to surprise him and let him watch it next week. Of course Josiah didn't know that, and he's assuming that all this time my Mom is saying "just wait" it's "no" or that nothing good is going to happen. 
So next week we're going to surprise him and he doesn't know it. 

All of a sudden it hit me. This is like God! We beg and plead, we pray for God to change something in our lives, to show us the way, or just give us some direction. His answer seems to be always, "no" or "just wait". We don't see that He IS indeed working. He isn't telling us right now but one day we'll understand. He's waiting for the right time, the right place, etc. And it may not be exactly what we prayed for but it's for our God. We need to trust Him through it because He does have great things planned for us. He's not holding back. He's only perfecting the time.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. |Proverbs 3:5-6|


. smile emoticon

You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. You're invited to join in on the "Remembering There and Back Again" Link up! :)
    http://threefangirlingsisters.blogspot.com/2015/12/remembering-there-and-back-again-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.