The Author of Our Story

12:50 PM


As a writer I can be the creator of many worlds, strange countries, countless characters, amazing happenings, and the describer of new creatures.
I invest my time into my characters, perfecting them, giving them struggles and advancing the plot to help them grow. It's not that I like writing about their pains and sorrows - quite the opposite - I cry when they cry, feeling their pain. 
I only do something if it will help them, and even if they don't know it, I do, because I see the bigger picture. I don't want to hurt them, but sometimes it's the only way for them to truly see what they're living for. 
Sometimes they don't understand why some things must happen or why I prevent things they've longed for, but it's for their own good. I want to help them, and truthfully I love them. They are a part of me.
And when they make mistakes? Well I've created them and I know they're not perfect. I love them despite when they fail, and I'm going to pick them up in the end. I'm not going to let their story end just when it's starting to begin.
I have a purpose for them and I won't let that go to waste. 

This is the same way with God. We are the main characters of His incredible story. He slowly writes the chapters of our lives, advancing the plot, developing our character. 
He does what He has to do if it means allowing us to see His love. It's not because He enjoys it but because it's critical to advancing the plot.
And the mistakes we make? Well God isn't surprised. He's the author after all! He loves us despite our wrongs and strange quirks.  But He doesn't let our sin be the end and that's why He sent a super hero in our story, and that super hero was none other then His beloved ONLY son.

And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. |Revelation 12:11|

Our story has a beginning and an ending, moments of darkness and more importantly moments of light. We are fighting a battle with the enemy (Satan), and the forces of evil in the spirit world, and it's a very real struggle. Like Frodo and the fellowship fighting Sauron, we are fighting a dark enemy with mind blowing powers who appears to be winning. But in the end darkness will not conquer. God is the greatest author of all time, and He knows all too well that a story well written will not end with sadness and heartache, but will end in triumph, love, and the characters at last coming home. 
He loves us, this wonderful author - and that's why He sent His son. He didn't want our story to end in evil, He loves us too much. We just need to take up the cross and follow Jesus and We will be saved.
There's a Savior in our story and that Savior overcame the forces of evil. He overcome the world!
 He will always be there to help us through it all. He is perfecting our lives, perfecting our story. 
We just need to trust Him in it.

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. |1 Corinthians 15:57|

You Might Also Like

4 of your thoughts

  1. this is beautiful. Im a new follower and I want to say I love your blog! its so cute! we have a lot of the same interests. Im excited to read more!

    God bless you beautiful!

    princessfaithm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!!!!! It's nice so to "meet" you - I'm going to check out your blog as soon as I can. It's always awesome to make new friends! ♥
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete
  2. this is so so so beautiful, kara. personally, it is so very comforting to know that God is in charge, to know that HE is the author of my story, that HE is always in control. and sometimes when life throws me off balance and it seems as if my whole world is tumbling down (yes, it can be crazy painful), knowing that He is "advancing the plot" and that "God is the greatest author of all time" is such a comfort ♥

    thank you for sharing!
    XXX -nameless writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it is ever so comforting to know that God is in control and holds us in the palm of His hand! I've been feeling some of that pain of Him advancing the plot, and it takes a whole lot of faith to trust Him sometimes. I know I need to however! Your comment is so encouraging!
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.