When Your World Is Falling Apart

7:59 AM


Have you ever felt as if your world was falling apart? As if the storm never stops? As if your life is a wreak? As if no one understands?
Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and think - I don't even know this person anymore.


We've all felt at least one of these feelings from time to time. We've all fallen apart. 
I've spend more times then I can count sobbing on the bathroom floor, eyes red from crying.
We all have different stuff going on (some of it in a never ending cycle), but in a way we're all the same. We've all known joys, troubles, times we want to break down and just cry.
We each understand triumphs, the pain of failing, the bleakness of a broken universe.  There is someone out there who understands what you're going through.

Every once in a while I'll find myself feeling like my world is falling - like I'm in a pit of darkness and there's no way out. I want to climb to the light but I'm stuck. Sometimes God seems miles and miles away from my heart......
I want to reach Him again and feel the contentment. But I don't. 

Jesus understands.  You're not alone no matter what friendships end, no matter what people get up from your life and say "I'm done", or when reality finally hits. Jesus is there. 
He came to this earth and had one of His closest friends betray Him, resulting in Jesus' death. Talk about the ultimate betrayal!
Jesus understood the loneliness of a hurting world better then anybody because He died with the weight of it on His shoulders.
Talk about ultimate love!
And He knows what it's like to feel so far from God because His Father had to leave him for a time, turn His back on Him as Jesus died.

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”  Matthew 27:46

And Jesus came to the earth knowing all of this would happen. And He did it for you. For us. For the world.
Then He rose again on the third day, defeating death, breaking down the barrier between us and God. Sin no longer has a hold.
Talk about the ultimate triumph! 
Jesus is standing by your side, and no matter how ironic this may sounds, He's holding your hand. He's there to pick you up when you fall. He's there to wipe away your tears and laugh with you. He's there to hold you in His arms, to carry you the rest of the journey. 

Jesus is there. He understands. He loves you. You're His, and He cares deeply about you. He'll be the one to pull you out of your funk and lift you up. You're loved. 

"I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul." Psalm 31:7 

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Thanks for this post, Kara.

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most certainly welcome! I am glad you enjoyed it, and thank you bunches for reading and commenting.
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.