Daring to Make a Move {An Edited Version Of My Poem}

8:13 AM

                                     



I want to make a move, dare to make a change but I feel lost without You, h
eld back by heavy chains
I'm on the cliff, ready to jump, ready to do this at whatever the cost
Though I long to look back 

I'm afraid I'll fall
I don't know if I can do it without you, and yet weren't You the One Who conquered all?
I want to step away from all these doubts haunting me

I know You must be there, for You said You'd never leave my side
Yet right now, despite all that, I feel tossed by the wayside 
I've jumped before and failed, skinned my knees, felt alone and terribly afraid
A weight is pulling me, telling me I'll
 never win, that You've left me to fight alone until the very end

"I'll probably fail," a voice in my head says and I almost believe it, but when I look down I see that You are holding my hand
The fog of doubt had covered my eyes and made me blind
In truth You've been with me all this time

You never left, You're always there
Sometimes I can't see You, but You've carried me each step of the way
Sometimes I just needed to stop, to pray
As I draw in a breath, preparing to take that first leap, I realize You alone will help me succeed 
You're bigger then my doubts, stronger then my fears and no matter what You will help me not only survive but thrive

This is a little poem I wrote back in 2014 and really it wasn't one of my best works. Looking back I decided to revise it and above is the edited version. It still isn't one of the greatest poems I've ever tried to write, but right now it's my heart's cry.
I feel that that 2016 will take me places I've never dreamed, and leaps of faith this year is God's will. I feel that my word for this year is brave (more on that later), and that stepping out of my comfort zone for Jesus is a must in this crazy world. 
In my comfort zone I get held back, but out of it I must put all my trust in the Creator, depending much more on Him then ever before!


You Might Also Like

4 of your thoughts

  1. Yes! Let's live courageously for His kingdom because GOD IS WITH US! Oh, how that changes everything! Your poem captured so much emotion and realness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannah! Living courageously because of Jesus is one of the most joyous things in life for me and I couldn't help but write about it. =)
      Thanks again for your comment!

      Delete
  2. the poem is lovely and so true, Kara! thanks for sharing ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks nameless writer! I know I say this a lot on here, but comments are always a blessing and so are your's!

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.