God Gave You Your Story

8:16 AM



Hola readers!
I've done countless posts about each of us having a story written by none other then the God of all. He's advancing your plot, sharpening your character, penning the best chapters He can.
Once we realize that our story is for a purpose, that nothing in it is wrong or a mistake, then there is the next step.
What good is a story if it's kept hidden, locked in a vault where no one can read it but you? What if Tolkien had kept Lord of the Rings on only his own shelf? What about  C.S Lewis' Narnia? Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice?  Or countless others who's books have impacted and inspired many people?
No, a story is meant to be shared, explored.
Our stories that God gives us are meant to be shared with the world, not hidden under a basket. It can bring others to our Savior, impact, encourage, inspire, and show how Jesus has worked in your life.
I think about stories of former drug addicts, who when Jesus intervened, helped others just like themselves. I think of people I know personally who use to run the race of life without Jesus but when they found Him, continued to help people just like themselves because they could relate. They understood the pain those people were going through.
God realizes this and that's probably why He has SO many verses in the Bible about sharing our testimony. And know - He's not just talking about people who went through things like addictions! He's talking about each and everyone of us! You. Me. Your best friend. Your neighbor. The random waitress serving you your food. EVERYONE!

My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come. Psalm 71: 15-18

Your story, your testimony, was given to you for a reason. Do not be ashamed of it, but embrace what Jesus has done in your life, how He's impacted you, and share it.
Ask the Lord for an opportunity, encourage someone who's hurting, be a light in a dark world.
Don't hide your book in a room for only you to see!

I will also speak of your testimonies before kings and shall not be put to shame Pslam 119:46

You Might Also Like

4 of your thoughts

  1. thank you.

    for the past year God has been telling me to share my story and be honest. and there are so many reasons I still havent. I mean, I've told my two best friends. but God wants me to be more vocal. and its hard because most of my story happened AFTER I was saved. and all the time at church I get the message that if I really had faith, I wouldnt be afraid; and yet my primary battle has been with fear and anxiety. so theres a lot for me to go back and forth with.

    anyway, I keep needing this reminder. so thank you<3 I totally agree. I just need to practice it more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! My story happened after I was saved as well! I became a Christian at the age of five and my life didn't turn around and I didn't fully understand until I turned thirteen or fourteen. Even then I struggled and I still do with many different things.
      I'll be praying for you with your fear! I have many fears too and they hold me back. Faith is such a hard thing to have even though it's so worth it!
      Anyway, thanks for commenting and reading!

      Delete
  2. Thinking of life as God's Story and knowing that the Greatest Author of All writes my story is my life's comfort and challenge, and this post entered new thoughts into my head. Of course our stories must be shared! Thank you for the reminder! Let's keep trusting, sharing, and living out our part in His Story!

    Glad to meet you, bu the way! I'm Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad what God placed on my heart encouraged you! I've felt really convicted about how God is our author, and as an author myself it is very comforting!
      And by the way - it's nice to meet you too! Thanks for stopping by!!!!

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8