Snow Storms and How God Answered My Prayer This Weekend

8:04 AM



Last week I sat in my room by my piano looking at my prayer board (where I keep all the prayer requests people have given me or mentioned). I prayed for everyone but felt something in my time with God lacking. I had a request and I knew I must make it. "God," I said. "I want to bless someone this weekend, to share your love. Please give me an opportunity."
The weekend came, and in the chaos of the snow and storm I forgot all about my prayer request. Not that I will get a chance to actually bless someone I'd mused silently to myself after I prayed. I mean this snow is going to keep us all in and away from anyone. 
The snow came overnight a few days later, endless it seemed as we tried to dig our way out of it on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A little over two feet of snow, and after shoveling pretty much 90% of it out of the driveway yesterday, both me and my siblings were tired - but a good tired. We'd worked hard, and it felt worth it at the end of the day. Now, it wasn't always fun but it was good for us.
Sunday I sat back to read Jane Eyre, when something hit me. All of a sudden I realized that even though this snow may have been seemingly unanswered prayer to probably everyone in my community, it had been answered prayer (unknowingly all weekend) to me.
I prayed and asked God to give me a chance to bless others and this snow was His answer. Me, my Dad, and siblings were able to shovel and clear the driveways of two elderly neighbors and make sure they had everything they needed.
It wasn't a huge thing to do, nothing like I'd imagined as I had prayed early in the week, but it was one way we had helped out.
While shoveling, I admit it wasn't all fun and games. I never once thought of it as an answer to prayer, and the whole time I only saw over two feet of snow staring me in the face - snow I would have to clear.
In the end though, God used it as a way to help our neighbors and to meet people we'd have never met otherwise, and looking back over the weekend I'm glad we did get snowed in.
It just goes to prove that He really does work (and answer prayer) in mysterious ways.

You Might Also Like

7 of your thoughts

  1. I was just thinking about you in the snow! :)
    It was a blessing to read your experience. Thank you for the reminder that God does answer our prayers! ♥

    Stay safe and warm! :)

    Blessings,
    S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I thought of you! Did you get some and go sledding?
      You stay warm and safe as well dear friend. ♥
      Love and blessings,
      Kara

      Delete
  2. Praise God. He is faithful in ways we cannot imagine. Thank you. Even when I pray i either don't expect it to come about (especially during a snow storm) or have my own way of how it will be answered. What a testimony of His faithfulness and your obedience. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES the snow was definitely an unexpected answer to my prayers. Like you said, I tend to have it all planned out and thought perhaps a friend would call me or maybe a girl at my church may come and seek advice.
      Snow wasn't part of the plan haha. But in the end it was for the best!
      Thank you for commenting and God bless as well!
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete
  3. Very neat story Kara! Thanks for sharing and enjoy that snow! I haven't gotten any this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for reading Lydia! Ahh too bad - snow can be fun (or not. Depending on the circumstances haha). I'm definitely enjoying it and it is a wonderful time for taking nature pictures!
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.