An Open Letter To Friends Who Have Become Strangers

8:09 AM

picture via Pinterest


Dear friends who have become like strangers,
I remember you, but I don't know if you remember me.  You probably don't.
It's been quite some time since we've spoken, but I could never forget you. We were friends - close friends, and I hold the good memories close to my heart.
I remember laughing about strange things late in the night when I slept over at your house, playing volleyball at camp, playing jokes on each other, and missing you when we were miles apart. I still have the letters, I printed out the e-mails, both long and short that I received from you. They're in a box with all my hundreds of others, but I remember reading each one. Sometimes I read them just to remember.
I thought we were close as a nine year old, wide-eyed, innocent girls, best friends, but years have passed and we've not spoken in awhile. I stalk you on facebook from time to time because that's the only way I can check on you, see how you're doing now that you're a graduate. And I want you to know I still think of you as my friend.
Once my friend, always my friend. I miss you lots and I consider you dear to my heart. I still look at your picture in my scrapbook and realize that without you, my childhood would have been very lonely.
Thank you for being there when no one else was. Thank you for laughing with me, hugging me, holding my hand so I wouldn't get lost in the crowd, thank you for writing funny letters and just being you.
I wish I could go back, because I don't think I ever told you how much of a blessing you were, so instead I'm writing you this letter now which you'll probably never see.
So thank you. I thank you for being my friend when no one else was. I still pray for you, and if you ever want to talk, I'm here.
God knew what He was doing when for a brief season you were the best friend a tween girl could have. I pray your life is amazing and you're following the God who loves you dearly.
Love,
Kara

So I'm wrote this for the many people who crossed my path in my tween years. I'm not writing to just one person, even though it kinda looks that way. There were seasons in my life where I had really no friends or sometimes just one, and so I'm writing to those friends who in brief season of my life cared enough. ☺

You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.