Mind Palace Relationship

8:03 AM



Hola everyone!
So this post will probably come out sounding more nerdy then actually something to consider, but I want it to be quite the opposite. I'm not trying to be a BBC nerd in the least so hang in with me here, and please, please, comment on your thoughts when I'm through!

What actually is a "Mind Palace Relationship"? Allow me to define it for you....



Mind Palace Relationship
To be in a relationship with a fictional character and/or actor and it's all in your head (in other words, your mind palace)

I got this term idea from watching Sherlock, for all those who have not seen the show, it's technically Sherlock "going into" his brain and putting himself in different situations, planing stuff, remembering different moments, etc.
Sherlock, when in these situations, sometimes feels like it's in real life for him when actually it's all in his brain.
This can go for relationships in our lives too. Allow me to explain better....
Note: This post is specifically for the ladies and girls reading my blog. It's fine if you're a guy and want to proceed but note that I'm not really writing to you... =)

In my life (the older I'm getting), it's so easy to get caught up in fictional crushes with favorite characters in TV shows and movies or even with actors. They can be extremely handsome and it's so easy to crush on them so hard, (or it is for a lot of us - I'm mainly speaking for myself).
I have to take in consideration something though - something every fangirl needs to think over.
Is this fangirl going too far? Is your mind palace relationship unhealthy?
We love to fangirl, obsess over pinterest pictures and quotes, look them up, etc, etc and when you're not in a real relationship it can seem harmless, but is it really?
I'm asking - why are you obsessing over this guy? Are you letting thoughts enter your mind that are becoming lustful?
Our minds easily wander, go places better left unthought. An obsession can easily turn into something unhealthy. Usually obsessions do....

Obsess 
preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent.


So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. | 2 Timothy 2:22|

Contemplating what it would be like to kiss, hug, etc with that super famous person is better left out of our brain.
Plus even kidding about actions can lead up to stuff swirling around that we didn't expect to pop up.

Pretending you're married can be unhealthy. Just joking that you're married to them can be unhealthy.
What I'm trying to say is, be careful how far you take this mind palace relationship!

We always talk about being sexually pure, but there is also the pure at heart - keeping our thoughts and words clean and godly.

Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. |1 Corinthians 6:18-20

It's not easy (I'll be the first to admit it), but it's a must.
I honestly feel that if we as single ladies continue to obsess over men that our fictional and very out of our reach, then we're not ready for a real boyfriend/girlfriend relationship in real life.
So am I making sense? Please comment! This is a jumbled up post that probably makes no sense but I'd love to know!
If you do feel your obsession is becoming too much than I recommend taking a break from the internet, and taking some time in prayer and reading your Bible. Asking God what He thinks in ANY situation, and seeking guidance from Him should be number one in all problems and struggles we face.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. |1 John 1:9|




You Might Also Like

6 of your thoughts

  1. You hit on a topic that has often been on my heart Kara! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I definitely agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on my heart for awhile as well! I struggle in these types of "relationships" and really felt God telling me to blog on it.
      Thanks for commenting! I'm glad I'm not alone. ♥

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Karar! I feel the same way about fangirling too excessively. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate this post, Kara, as it is important for so many fangirls to hear this. Despite my fangirl "obsessions," I know, when it comes to me personally, I can honestly say, I don't imagine anything beyond fun "harmless" fangirl-y things when it comes to favorite male TV characters; instead it's just have fun to gush over their heroics or the like. When it comes to real life, it's important to know that while there is the perfect guy for us, they're going to be real imperfect guys, unlike some of the men of our fictional crushes.

    But you have a LOT of amazing things to say in this post and it's an important things for us all to read/remember. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree very much Rissi! It's sooo important to remember that about our future man and to take that in account. He's not going to be perfect and will have flaws like we all do.
      Your thoughts are always appreciated and I'm happy you commented! Thank you. ♥

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.