Chicks and Coops and Spring and What's Been Going On Here

7:29 AM





Hola readers!
Spring has sprung much more quickly then I anticipated. We've had snow in the middle of April, freezing the ramps from being picked, and now a dry period where the mushrooms aren't as good.
I've re watched Cranford, worked on my story, am currently finishing my last week of home school (for good), got my graduation cap and tassel in the mail and have been praying about some big changes. I've tried reading Matched by Ali Condie, planted my seedlings for the garden later on in May, and am getting ready to get out my bike again.
And one of the greatest excitements are here for my family has been.....sweet balls of fluff (aka chicks). For about fours years now I've tried to find a way to get a coop. Time went by and at last I drove to Tractor's Supply and we now have four. Our coop is up (hand built and bright red), the apple blossoms have bloomed (which now means apples in the fall), and I'm really excited to see what the Lord is going to do this summer.
I love watching the grass grow in the field, hear the rooster crow down the road, and see new life.
Summer should bring some interesting and fun things like the reuniting of old friends and swimming and all the good stuff.
A lot of things are changing but for me but I still love the river and nature. I still look forwards to this season and always have.  Summer and Spring always bring the greatest joys for me and I have a feeling a lot of good things will happen this time around.
I guess we'll just have to see what God has in store.

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Awww yay! Chicks! :) They are so cute. ♥ Have fun!
    ~ S. F.

    ps. I hope you have an amazing summer full of many great things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you S.F - we are!!! I hope you are too - we certainly have been with biking, chicks, meeting friends, and spending family time. ♥

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.