Awaken and Revival

7:40 AM

picture via the internet


I look around me at so many people in so many walks of life and I see a need for revival. I'm not just talking about a revival - a church having one and that's it - I'm talking about another Great Awakening, a country coming together knowing that Jesus is Prince of Peace and Lord over all. I'm talking about thousands of people being saved, of people getting back into church, of seeing what worship really is.
I hunger to see movement. To see revival.
I think my country America has become dead in her faith. There is Christians here, yes, but I think at times many states, towns, cities, churches are walking in their sleep. I think we've become blind to what it really means to stand up for Jesus. We've become so relaxed, so comfortable because of the freedoms we have. It's not a bad thing really but it can be. Especially if it means weakening your faith.
Now I'm not saying you are weak. I'm not saying you yourself haven't struggled with things in your life or haven't been a part of something that rocked your world.
 I'm not judging you. I'm looking at myself really.  
I've never been approached in anyway that would threaten my faith. I've had struggles but sometimes I wonder....if I was suddenly given the choice - die or renounce my faith and live - which would I choose?
I haven't been faced with something that's been a matter of life and death when it comes to my beliefs. I'd love to say that I'd die for my King but I could never say for sure.
I long to be part of a revival, to be surrounded by on-fire-for-Christ- believers. I want to see people come off the streets and get saved.
I was thinking however. We make revival happen. Yes, God is the biggest part of it but we are the messengers and only we can bring a movement. It's us honoring God and spreading His word. It's us being the impact and showing love.
If we aren't awakening to what God has in store we are missing out on some of the best chances to make a difference. It might not be a revival but your small life choices could be the beginning of one.
I think the time for revival is here. I think soon we will have the chance to be part of another Great Awakening.
And I'm ready.

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. Yes! I've been feeling the same way! Our world is so hungry for truth and peace, and just the assurance that Someone loves them with no strings attached..

    You're right too - God does the reviving, but He wants to use us, He's waiting to use us. It's thought-provoking, actually; am I surrendered to God? Can He use me?

    Anyway, this post really made me think. Thanks for sharing, Kara Lynn!

    God bless,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES YES Jessica! They long to find acceptance and everlasting happiness but they look every direction but up to the One Who made them!
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete
    2. YES YES YES Jessica! They long to find acceptance and everlasting happiness but they look every direction but up to the One Who made them!
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8