Worth Living {A Book Review}

7:42 AM

Worth Living by Mary DeMuth
Pages: 208
Publisher: Baker
Hearts: ♥♥♥♥♥


We live in a world where success and truly having worth can easily be measured by what you do, what you can become, personality type, who our parents are, how much money we have, etc, etc, etc etc. The list runs on and on. No matter what we do we can continue to feel less then worthy.
Mary DeMuth writes a book about what it truly means to take our brokenness and see the beauty of God's love and how He restores. Ms. DeMuth can feel with us because she's been there. This isn't just a how-to book but a I've-been-there-here's-my-story kind of book.
Every chapter she focuses on a lie that we tend to believe.
I don't deserve love.
I will never overcome the past.
I should be ashamed of my weakness.
She lovingly shows us through her own experiences and verses and stories from the Bible that no, we don't truly deserve love but Jesus still gives it in abundance any way and looks past what we've done. He will help us overcome the past, wiping us clean so we don't  need to be ashamed of what we've done. And in our weaknesses He helps us become stronger.
This is a beautifully written book that is really music to my ears! I struggle with finding courage in all my mistakes and the things I'm not really that great at or still continue to struggle in. I love the thought provoking questions at the end of each chapter so I can dig deeper and find out more about myself and God.
The writing is simple, not using fancy words so any lady (young or old) can easily read it without stumbling.
While it was written for especially ladies I think that this could also be for anyone 14 and up just because it was so good. I can think of countless people I know who I wished live closer so I could let them borrow the book.
It proclaims the simple truth that really we will get nowhere without Jesus and He is the answer to everything - it's truly never about us.

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Sounds like a nice book. Will give it a read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an excellent book! It's so true that we can never deserve God's love, but He claims us anyway, and calls us His own. xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8