God Is Good....in everything

10:34 AM






Family.

I've had a chance for the past couple of days to spend time with mine. We laughed, we shared memories, tears, pain, joy, and love. I'm blessed by my family who sticks by me no matter what, for the cousins who crack me up, who gives me hugs.
Being family isn't always easy. Instagram pictures, facebook feed, all of that gives a false image of what family is all about all the time. You see the smiles, the love, the roasted marshmallows, the fireworks, movie nights and chick flicks. You see laughter and silliness and games of dodgeball, which is is half of it



but you don't see the pain that can rise up.

It can be painful to have family, it isn't easy to love no matter what, it isn't just about joy and happiness. But I'm learning that pain can be good. You know the saying, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger? I believe that's true. Pain strengthens the love, strengthens what you thought was already fine. It pushes your boundaries and makes you dig up stuff you thought better left buried, and makes you stronger, makes you grow closer then you ever were before.

We don't like pain. We don't like struggles and fear and stress, but it's good for us. Pain strengthens your relationship with each other, with God, and makes you see how fragile life is...

but how beautiful, how rich it can be.

Family is truly a beautiful thing, whether it's extended, immediate, adopted, or friends you treat as family.



God is good all the time. In everything. In every moment.








You Might Also Like

10 of your thoughts

  1. I love this! I especially love this part: "Pain strengthens the love, strengthens what you thought was already fine. It pushes your boundaries and makes you dig up stuff you thought better left buried, and makes you stronger, makes you grow closer then you ever were before."
    I've found this quite true with my immediate family, but also with my extended family. My cousins and I have grown so close together because they have confronted me about sin, which was painful, but it brought us closer together.

    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, confrontation is such a painful yet gratifying experience. I've seen that over these last few weeks for me and my family and really that's how this post was birthed.

      Delete
  2. Loved the blog post Kara!!! I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wholeheartedly agree, Kara. God is good all the time, during pain, joy, or just plain silliness!

    I love the way you put it in your blog post. God bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God is good in everything and EVERYTHING works together for those who love Him. I saw that so much this week!
      Love you! <3

      Delete
  4. I love that you addressed this, because I totally agree. Pain definitely draws you to the Lord and it can make your relationships with people more honest, too. And I think what you said about Instagram and Facebook only showing half of the story is spot on - things aren't always picture perfect, but that's okay! Sometimes I think social media can give us false perceptions of what is true and in reality, we are all flawed because we are all only human. Cool post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - we are a flawed humans and I think social media has taken away the brokenness we're all feeling and replaced it with a fake happiness and perfection (if that makes sense). We choose to let people see only what we want them to, and that isn't always a good thing!
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Family is important and amazing but also sometimes confusing and weird. Love this post and those pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, and you are so right about family! It's a weird, crazy, amazing life to be surrounded by family. I myself have around 12 cousins - some of whom I have never met - but God is so good to work in my life and allow me to see Him by being surrounded by family.

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.