blue ridge sunrise |a book review|

8:19 AM

Hola readers!



I was beyond thrilled to get to review Denise Hunter's new book, "Blue Ridge Sunrise." She's my favorite contemporary author and her work is always so good!

When Zoe returns to her hometown with her boyfriend and young daughter for her grandmother's funeral, she finds that now owns a Peach Orchard. Having not been home for over two years, no one expects her to quickly return back to the life she's made for herself as a back-up singer in her boyfriend's band. 
And that's when she runs into Cruz - the man who stole her heart when she was a teenager, and apparently he's not gotten over her. Not even after she cheated on him, not after she ran away, scared and hurting. 
Zoe doesn't know if she can stay in Copper Creek and run a peach farm with Cruz as her relationship with her boyfriend shifts, and secrets are revealed. Can she make Copper Creek her home once more, letting go of past hurts?

The previous book, Sweetbriar Cottage was one I raved about - I loved it so much. This one is just as good and Denise Hunter continues to just get better and better with not only her romance but her plot, character deepening, humor and just her downright storytelling overall. It's just so good!
Cruz is one of my favorite male leads from any of her books and I just had to laugh since Zoe has red hair and Cruz is Spanish - an I Love Lucy thing going on perhaps? I also just felt very well connected with the characters and their stories, and after all her books, Denise Hunter can continue making each character so unique? That's awesome!
It was also a breath of fresh air, 'traveling' to Georgia, walking through the peach orchards and experiencing life in little Copper Creek. I also love the little gritty elements Denise Hunter has started adding into her books, such as abuse, adultery (in her previous book), etc. It creates realism, and her Christian inspiration - as always - is spot on without coming across as preachy. You will definitely get the warm-fuzzies with this read, and it'll be one you won't want to put down. I completely and utterly enjoyed it.

You Might Also Like

6 of your thoughts

  1. This book looks really interesting! I've never read any of Denise Hunter's books before, but I'm going to look into them now!

    Thanks Kara! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise Hunter is an amazing author - especially her latest books. They actually have made some of them into Hallmark movies which is pretty sweet. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

      Delete
  2. I am really interested in this book now, especially after the I Love Lucy comparison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU LOVE I LOVE LUCY? Have I finally found a fellow fan? ;)

      Delete
  3. WOWWW. This books sounds really amazing...I love the twists and "realness" that it seems to have. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes, do check it out and let me know what you think!

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.