The Greatest Showman Tag

9:57 AM




Hola readers!
Mentally, I'm exhausted. Work this summer is catching up very quickly with me.

So I don't have time to sit back and think deep posts. Not right now. I'm just so tired. Like literally, I could curl up and sleep more then the eight hours I got last night.

But I saw this book tag, and was like, why not? No heavy writing required. So for something different (and because I just literally watched The Greatest Showman), I present my contribution to....

The Greatest Showman tag (and I got to do it thanks to Movie Critic )!

Rules are:
Answer the questions.
Tag whoever you want .
Using her graphic is optional, but recommended.


'The Greatest Show': Name a book that’s as entertaining as a circus:

Sherlock Holmes was the first big series I obsessed over, starting when I was about ten and it never let go. There's so much in the stories - so much crazy good fun. Reading the stories out loud can be half the fun, and Sherlock is such a brat sometimes, but his friendship with John is legit, and I love a good mystery - and with Sherlock you never know what will happen.  

“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
― Arthur Conan DoyleThe Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes


'A Million Dreams': Name a book that’s set in a fantastical world:


The Story Peddler is the newest fantasy book I've read yet. It wasn't my favorite but the elements are very similar to the ones I like to write, so I enjoyed the fantasy world - and I will definitely be on the look out for the next installment next year. 

And by the way - A Million Dreams was one of my favorite songs on The Greatest Showman, for all of you wondering. It really defines me, that one part about a million dreams keeping me awake. That's my life, honestly. 

 'Come Alive': Name a book that makes you outrageously happy:

Christy Miller will forever be a childhood classic for me, and the last Baby Years book was serious favorite for me. The ending was perfection and such a beautiful, beautiful, ending to a wonderful series. I can't say enough about Robin Jones Gunn as an author and story teller. She's a master, and her books never cease to come into my life when I need them - this one was no exception! 

'The Other Side': Name a book that changed your mind about something:

This book comes up a lot in my tags and on the blog period, but Blessed are the Misfits changed a lot for me. I go through periods in my life where I feel so alone mentally and physically - I just am a broken human being, Period. No questions asked. 
And this book showed me, that that's OK. It's OK to feel far from God, because feelings do not define who God is (thank goodness!). What we know, and choosing to act on truth and not the day to day emotions - that makes all the difference. 
And Brant Hansen's straight-forward voice really showed me that. Highly recommend - so good!

“One of the hardest-to-swallow, most countercultural, counter intuitive implications of the gospel is that bearing up under a difficult burden with patient perseverance is a good thing.” 
― Brant Hansen

'Never Enough': Name a book that you’ve re-read more than once:

I'm actually rereading Harry Potter now to my sister, and honestly I'm still not a huge fan. (Read my Harry Potter posts to see my thoughts on the fandom), but they're a good series to discuss the spiritual, to acknowledge religions, and cultures and myths. I like a good discussion and Harry Potter brings that about for me. 

'This Is Me': Name a book with a character that reminds you of yourself:


Jo from Little Women will forever be me. There's no question. 
I read the book for the first time after seeing the new mini series and the movie (for like the fifth time) and it never ceases to amaze me how similar me and Jo are. 
Read or watch her and we are like twins in personality, fears, and thoughts.

“I want to do something splendid...something heroic or wonderful that won't be forgotten after I'm dead. I don't know what, but I'm on the watch for it and mean to astonish you all someday.” 
― Louisa May AlcottLittle Women

'Rewrite the Stars': Name a book with a forbidden romance:

The Goodbye Bride is not really a forbidden romance, but I adore this series, and the book is adorable. I'm currently giving it a reread!

'Tightrope': Name a book with an adventurous main character:

I LOVED Flygirl - just loved it. Hands down, amazing about the flygirls of the 1940s and a black girl daring to fly when the world told her she couldn't.

From Now On': Name a book with a wonderful family (related or otherwise):

Denise Hunter writes AMAZING families (see one of her books above), and I love the Narnia family. It's just amazing!

I tag........

The first two people who comment and anyone with a book-related blog. 

So I'm off to get ready for work and praying for a rainy days because sometimes you need those. How are you lovely readers this week? How can I be in prayer for you?

You Might Also Like

5 of your thoughts


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.