Goodbye S U M M E R

7:40 AM

Goodbye summer. 

You've been good to me. 


You've taught me to hold onto the moment, to let go of fear and fly. You taught me that family is important. You taught me that sometimes what God calls you to is ever so far from easy.


 You taught me to cry openly and not be ashamed. You taught me to not be afraid of enjoying a little sugar...sometimes GMO is the least of my worries. You taught me that small towns have its ups and downs. You taught me that sometimes you just got to trust God. You taught me that I love planes and adventure...but home is a good place too. 


You taught me that blog breaks of essential. You taught me that I missed writing. You taught me to keep my temper in check. You taught me what jobs are right for me...and what aren't. 
Thank you for the little life lessons summer as I close up life as a teenager. 
I'm not even the same person. 
Thank you summer. You've taught me a lot.

As August comes to a close, I can't believe it, yet I'm so excited for all that autumn has in store for me. I'm hiring an editor soon and very excited about that....very!!! The Broken Prince has sorely needed this for a long time, and if you want to keep up with this new update on my beloved WIP than just be warned that instagram will be the place to go.
I'm also going to start a part-time babysitting job in November...and relax. Summer for me is rarely about relaxing. I don't have time to sit back. I'm normally in the garden or writing or working or visiting someone or helping can veggies....but fall always gives me a moment to catch my breath.

Definitely  ready for that. 

Goodbye summer, you've been good....but I think fall will be just as good.

You Might Also Like

15 of your thoughts

  1. Summers ending. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *cries and wipes her eyes* summer is going but this wrap up of what Summer has been like for you is LOVELY. Looks like you learned so much. (My summer just started while many of yours are coming to a close)

    AH GOOD LUCK WITH THE EDITOR. That sounds really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited about the editor too - it's a big step for me!!!
      And as for your summer just starting, where do you live?!!!!!

      Blessings!

      Delete
    2. AS YOU SHOULD BE!! <3 I live in Oregon but I just got through with summer term! I don't go back to school until September 24th so I've got a little while to detox from school :P

      Delete
    3. Oh nice - that's awesome!!!! As for living in Oregon, that sounds like a beautiful state. A friend of mine lives there, and I've always loved looking at her photos!

      Delete
  3. this fall is gonna be intense. I am going to have to survive some very hard classes and pass them. But I am gonna make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will M A K E it Evan - keep fighting through!!!!

      Delete
  4. So exciting about your book!
    I hope winter treats you well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling - I do too. Winter is always harder because I hate getting so little sun (I love my outdoors) but I'm super excited to see my book moving forwards!

      Delete
  5. This summer literally slipped away from me!! I love summer, but I’m looking forward to Autumn now.
    Great post, Kara! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer slipped by for me too - it's just crazy how time flies!!!!!! <3

      Delete
  6. Seems like you had a wonderful summer. Enjoy the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.