Make My Heart a Stream

7:50 AM



For so long I have longed to see God's will for my life clearly. I don't want to be making decisions based on guesses and estimates. I've always wondered - how do I see God's will for my life as clearly as I know one day he wants me to devote my life to ministry or as clearly as I know He wants me to devote my life to fostering and adopting children even as a single.

"The king's heart is a stream in the hands of the Lord; He turns it wherever He will." Proverbs 21: 1

 God has been convicting me: "Allow Me to turn your heart, mold it more like mine with desires that fit My calling for your life. This must happen before you move on in your adult life."

Before I do anything in this life - before I get a job or get married or do anything I must be so in love with God that He is all I want, that His desires are my desires.
I've made hasty decisions in the past. I've based many things off what people tell me is best for me. I've looked into doing college classes not because I feel lead but because everyone is pressuring me to take classes of some kind - because it's 'the thing' every High School graduate does.
Before I move on in my adult life I need to get to close to the Father. I think then it won't be about open and close doors or the impossible but what He wants. I think the closer I get to God the clearer His plans for me become.
As Christians, and for this point in my life, I think it's not about us sitting around waiting for God to give us the answers but seeking to get closer to Him. I think many times the only way we will ever get the answers we need will be is when we read get closer to Jesus.
It's the only way.
Sitting around accomplishes nothing. I'm quickly learning that in this season in my life.
I spent my summer seeking answers on my own (with the occasional help of facebook adds and google search), and sitting around doing nothing when God is just saying, "first you must be hot on My heels."
That is my goal this fall. I don't have a job. I don't have a plan B. And I'm trying to be OK with that.
I'm going to spend this lovely season simply digging into the Bible, spending as much time as I can praying, and seeking the Father.
I'm trying to see that it doesn't matter what people think - that it doesn't matter that many all my friends have already plans for their lives currently or that they have some sense of what God's will for this season is for them.
I'm just going to fall for my Father - fall completely and utterly in love with Him.

Just make my heart a stream Father. Mold me, show me what You want. Make me so in love with You that all my attention and focus is on You. 

You Might Also Like

10 of your thoughts

  1. So perfectly true! I've been feeling a little bit of this myself, even though I haven't graduated yet. This is a post to read and re-read. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Emily! It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. Keep fighting the good fight!!! ♥

      Delete
  2. This is so encouraging and helpful! It's so hard not to assume the will of everyone around you is the will of God. God's will is individualized to each circumstance...but it's so hard to remember that! You're such an encouragement to strive after God and to be content with what He has for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Payton, you are an amazingly sweet, inspiring person. Thank you for commenting! I agree about it being tough to block out everyone's voice and focus on God's, and right now it's becoming one of my goals.
      Blessings,
      Kara

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! I think I'll join with you in making this the goal for my fall. ♥ Thank you for sharing your heart in all your posts.

    I pray that the Lord will bless you richly as you seek Him, dear friend. <3

    ~ S. F.

    P.S. Lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exciting to know I'm going to have a friend join me in my goal - be sure and let me know how it goes. ♥

      Delete
  4. Hi Kara! I liked your post! It is so true. Thanks for your posts and I am glad God has laid on your heart and you share what you do. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, first of all - thank you for your sweet comment and second that you for your prayers. I appreciate more then I can say - thank you, thank you!

      Delete
  5. Hey, Kara! I love your posts-and your pictures! But I especially love this post. That is exactly what I'm asking God to do in my life. You are such an encourager! A heart like yours God will surely bless. God bless you in this journey, and may He grant you success in all you do.
    God bless,
    Emily B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Emily, you are too sweet and your comment made my day! Thank you for being such an encouragement to me today - I needed to hear that. ♥

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.