farewell from this blog

7:06 AM

*Long quiet silence*


I never thought I would reach this point. I always held true to blogger as my first platform. I've made beautiful friendships and wonderful memories. I never saw a reason to leave.
But this is a post to say goodbye to Beautifully Broken as of here.
I am moving to Wordpress for several reasons, one being that a lot more "action" is over there as many bloggers have moved there and I feel I will be able to expand and reach more people. Also, now as an author a more professional space to showcase my books feels needed.
I hate leaving and yet I knew it was coming.
I love you all and I am so truly blessed to have had you on this journey so far.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

If you would follow me, I would love to have you on this second chapter. I think the biggest fear of any blogger moving is that her readers that she's gained won't follow her again. I'll be honest, I feel that. 
I've blogged for over eight years. 
I was just a young teenager posting about silly stuff and somehow you enjoyed that. 
My mental health journey. 
My graduating. 
Dropping out of college. 
Writing. 
Publishing my first book. 
Preparing my second. 
Readers. 
Thank you. 
Thank you. 
The new link to my new blog will be up soon, the domain remaining the same as this one -- I'm simply moving. The posts will remain the same. I'm still the same blogger. 
It's just time for a change. 


You Might Also Like

13 of your thoughts

  1. Ah, I have struggled with this too. I am currently working on a wordpress sight for myself in hopes that when I am employed again, I can purchase the domain as my own and have a more "professional" website. I will defintely be following you over there, because your posts have been very encouraging and enlightening to me.

    I wish you well in this new journey and I can't wait to watch you grow! <3 <3

    wordsinhersoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! Your words means so much to me. <3

      Delete
  2. I understand how you feel on leaving this blog, I felt that too when I moved mine over to Wordpress, but I can't wait to see how much you'll grow on your new platform. Just know that I, for one, will be there for the journey. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Kara! Hope everything goes well for you!! Hope to visit your new website/blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I appreciate it, Rissi. I hope to see you there! You have been a long-time blogger and I love keeping up with your site!

      Delete
  4. Hope the switch goes well! WordPress give you more control.
    I'll definitely follow you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leaving old things behind can be hard, but I'm excited to see your new website! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHH thank you -- I can't wait for you to see!

      Delete
  6. A blog change always feels like a bitter sweet moment, but I'm excited to see your new space <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait for you to see it -- it is def bittersweet but a needed change for me. *Hugs*

      Delete
  7. Totally understand the draw to Wordpress, what I like about Blogger mainly is just the connection to Google, and of course the fact that I've been here so long! I will be sure to try and keep up with you over there!

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.