It's Time. And I'm Ready.

9:57 AM




Photo creds of me: My sister 

I'm feeling a movement coming, one ready to sweep across the world, across your country, across my country, in your home, in your church.
I feel us as Christians in general have become cold, some of us dead. Where's the fire, this Holy Spirit the Bible talks about? We walk into church, dressed up in our best, not an imperfection gracing us. We sing our songs and listen to the message.

And leave.

Where's the excitement? Where's the movement? Where's the people shining light on their brokenness? You'd never know how we struggle in insecurity, with lust, with greed, with anxiety. You'd never know that we're longing for something more - something more then a message, something more then singing the same songs.

The world is getting darker - no matter where you're from I know you can see it. I certainly can. Churches are getting smaller, youth no longer attend and instead stay home in bed because they spent too much time the night before watching Netflix. I look around me and see older adults attending but still...
Why are we arguing about worship music choice? The curriculum for the kids Sunday school? Why or why not we dress-up for church? On once saved always saved? Why the petty argument? Or why are we not attending church or spending time with other believers... is it because we haven't found the so called 'perfect church?' Or is it because we're intimidated by our own imperfections?

It's time for revival people.

It's time for us as young adults to step up and mentor the younger generation - the one that will go after us. It's time to stop ignoring their insecurities that we remember so well, that we still struggle with. It's time to show them what it means to be on fire for Christ. It's time to stop influencing them the wrong way when it comes to respecting parents. It's time to stop showing them the drugs will give them the perfect high. It's time to stop wondering why the world is dark when we're not showing it any light.

I'm tired of seeing teens commit suicide and I'm only standing here on the sidelines. I'm tired of praying for change and not being the change I want to see. I want to get up in the workplace and pray for the girl who's struggling in depression. I want to mentor that tween who talks back to her parents. I want to invite that struggling young adult to the movies with me. I want to stand up in my church and help with family ministry.
It's time for the young adults to to stand up, to not see a church but THE church. We've been silent for too long. We're the next generation, we're the ones slowly taking the wheel from the older adults.

I don't want to see the church go down. I'm ready for revival.

If that word doesn't excite you, if it doesn't spark some kind of passion in you, then get down on your knees and ask God to bring it to you, to show you what I'm talking about.
Because the world's ready. And you better be too.


We've hit a very broken point. Suicide and depression in kids is on the rise. Sex is happening earlier and earlier. I can tell you of kids who are under the age of eleven and know more about sex then I do.
Are we just going to stand by? We have younger people looking up to us, looking at the people five years older then them and they want to be just like them, dress like them, be cool like them. We are the trend setters, the bloggers, the future authors, script writers, musicians, pastors, teachers - it's time to step up. It's time for revival.

It's time to show the world how to make beauty in their brokenness. I'm tired of standing still. I'm tired of hearing which denomination is the right one and which is wrong. I'm tired of churches standing divided, of putting themselves higher then others because of their so-called title. It's conceited. It's wrong.

 I'm tired to waiting for someone else to take a stand. Revival means strengthening something that has weakened and Christianity right now is growing weak - Wicca and New Age is taking America by storm. Hollywood has become obsessed with self-love.  Relationships are more about the 'me' then the 'we.' Music is filled with trash-talk and we continue to listen, to allow it's lies into our lives.
Are we going to stand by and allow this to continue? Are we going to continue to stand on the sidelines?

God is calling for a rebellion against sin. He's calling for warriors. He's calling out to you.

It's time for a movement. We've been dead to long. Are you willing to join?

You Might Also Like

4 of your thoughts

  1. I completely agree! I think a lot of the problem is that we are a very material based society, so at least for me and the people I know, it's hard to focus on something eternal when perhaps for a lot of people, their comfort zone makes them a lot more happier than following after Jesus passionately. It's something I for sure need to continue to work on in my own life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a VERY material based world and it's one of my struggles to be too comfortable. Thank you for your honesty Lauren!

      Delete
  2. AMEN! I never use all caps, but this calls for it. My heart agrees, and I basically want to yell amen to everything you wrote. Preach it, sister!

    It is up to us. It's kind of scary, but at the same time to think God could use this generation to bring dead bones back to life is crazy exciting. LET'S DO IT!

    Thanks for sharing, Kara. Don't ever lose this passion. I am more than willing and ready to join! Let's pray God does a mighty work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Jessica - let's run this race together as sisters in Christ.
      I love your heart and your passion!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.