Oath of Honor [book review]

7:27 AM

Hola readers!
Another book review on one of my favorite, most-read suspense authors, Lynette Eason. Today I'm reviewing, "Oath of Honor."



Police Officer Isabelle St. John works with her family in law enforcement, and is good at what she does and enjoys her job. But her world comes crashing in around her when her partner is brutally murdered right before her eyes and she barely escapes with her own life.
Not knowing what happened or why, Isabelle is determined to push beyond the sorrow and investigate with her dead partner's brother.
Together with the handsome cop, Ryan, they find themselves becoming entangled in a dangerous criminal organization, leaving them wonder who they can trust and if those they know may be behind it.

I always enjoy Lynette Eason's well-written, well-researched, novels. This one is no different. We get a first-look into the life of a woman police officer as well as a sweet romance. I really enjoyed Isabelle's family as well as the sweet romance between her and Ryan. The characters are likable, the mystery a plot-twist and not completely predictable. It is not 'full' of plot twists and there isn't a bunch of moments of 'of my gosh I did not expect that!', and while not a high suspense book, there is enough suspense to keep you reading from the very first pages.
The writing is strong and well-done. You know the author has done her research as she has for every one of her books, so there's nothing fake or over exaggerated - like this stuff really could happen the way it happened. You truly do get an exciting look into the life of a cop - and a woman at that - and I enjoy that this character isn't overly strong, as in where she doesn't need guys and is super tough and far from vulnerable.
She struggles just like anyone does as she grieves the loss of her partner in the police force and friend.
This is for anyone who enjoys a good romantic suspense full of inspiration, twists and fun.

Have you read any of Lynette Eason's books before? Let's chat!

Thank you to Revell for allowing me to get a free book in exchange for the review!

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. I've been meaning to grab a copy of Lynette Eason's work for a while now, but haven't gotten to do so yet. They look so intriguing! Have you read Terri Blackstock's If I Run series yet? I just read the first one and really really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am a HUGE HUGE fan of the series and I've reviewed both of the first ones here on the blog, actually. I'm super pumped for the last and final book next month and I'm going to be blogging about it as well. =)

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.