Vacay 2018 |Life Stuff and Updates|

7:28 AM



Hola readers!
I had my first without-my-family vacation and since you all know from my insta and from on here, I thought it was only fair and fun that I share with you my crazy-awesome week. I took my first plane ride from my home up north, to the beautiful flatness of the south where beaches exist.
I was met by Alyssa near the baggage claim and we excitedly started the week together with her and her family.


Somehow we matched without realizing it, which made us happy. We get to gather every two years and have never tried to coordinate our clothes.



We had life talks and drank coffee. We went to the beach and looked for shells. She took me to Tropical Smoothie and Publix and any other places that haven't made it to my home state. We listened to worship music and jammed in her car...or she jammed and I tried to follow along. We took pictures and have impromptu photoshoots (more on that in a separate post). 
It was a good week.
A blessed week.
I met her close friends, saw the south...and honestly loved it all.
It was amazing.
I did adulting.
I'm an adult and for the first time I feel like it. Really feel it.
It's weird, but something about going out of your comfort zone does something to you. It forces you to grow up a little. It forces you to face who you are and what you're doing.

I loved my little vacay. I loved the south. I loved reconnecting with one of my best friends, to hug her in person. I loved listening to her laugh - because that's what she does a lot of. I loved our life talks in the rain.

It was all good.
And it's good to be back.
But I really miss it.
All of it.
Even the rain.
Even the hard life talks.
It's all good.
It's all God.

Back in 6th grade when I was struggling with zero friendships and loneliness, did I know this wonderful human would come into my life? Never! I wanted a friend that was similar to me in a lot of ways spiritual, and He gave me that and so much more. He gave me a girl who is in many ways, not just a friend - she's like a sister, is a true fellow Christian, a fellow child of God, a fellow coffee drinker, and a girl willing to look through hundreds of old Life magazines with me.
That's God.
I wouldn't have chosen a friend hundreds of miles away. Not on my own. In reality, without God, Alyssa and I could have never met, not from being states away in totally different worlds.
But He did that for me.
And it was a crazy awesome past week.
I would have never changed a thing.
I loved it all. 

You Might Also Like

14 of your thoughts

  1. THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL. I'm so glad you had a great time! You are so encouraging. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Paige - so are you. <3
      I did have a great time, and the southern part of the US is gorgeous. <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I'm crying!! Thank you Kara!! I really am blessed to call you a best friend and I'm so grateful for how God has worked in our lives over the years. I miss you already!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I'm sorry I made you cry!!! XOXO
      I am so blessed to have you in my life - it literally blows my mind that we're friends.
      Love you dearly!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. YOU'RE BACK GRAY! So good to hear from you - thank you so much for commenting. <3

      Delete
  4. That is so sweet!! Happy you had a good time. :)

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! You look (and sound) like you had SO MUCH fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had so much fun! Sounds like a great vacation :).

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.