The Girl's Guide To Conquering Life Review

7:54 AM


The Girl's Guide To Conquering Life, by Erica and Jonathan Catherman
Publisher: Revell
Genre: Youth-Nonfiction  


Hola readers!

We as girls want to be capable, want to excel and to be independent. The Girl's Guide to Conquering Life is a go-to illustrated book full of instructions on the day-to-day life tricks you will need to know. This book shows you how to...

introduce yourself

change a flat tire 

leave a tip 

create a budget 

iron a shirt 

and much more! 



I really was eager to see what this book would be all about - a girl's guide to conquering life just sounds so promising. And let's face it, I'm always eager for a book (period), and anything that empowers girls as Christians to go into the world more confidently.
There were some very good chapters on working on your car, bathroom issues ( unclog a drain, anyone?), getting a date, making mash potatoes, or applying for a job .
However........
Some of the book was just so obvious. How to wash your hands or hair, how to make a bed or how to order from a menu, was just everyday life-skills that every girl should have by the time they pick up this book.
We see a lot about the day-to-day and grant it we also see useful things  (how to behave if pulled over by the police, managing a credit card, and other valuable stuff, I found informative), but why how to wash hands? Why not do something else that I haven't been doing since I was one? I don't mean to be hard, but I feel (personally) that such a great book could have been better if they added things we actually needed to know.

Still a good book, just not as good as it could have been.

Thanks for Revell for the chance to review and read and give my honest opinion.

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. hm I have a copy of this to review too, and I have the same issue with it (which is why I haven't reviewed it yet). You'd think they'd have put in a chapter on "how to read" so that we could then learn how to wash our hands????????

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.