A Daring Venture |Book Review|

7:51 AM



Biochemist, Rosalind Werner, has dedicated her life to fighting the diseases born from the water the people of New York drink. However, no one seems to believe in her work, and Nicholas Drake is highly skeptical that her ideas with putting chlorine in the water could work. 
As the rivalry for the water begins, Rosalind becomes the target of an unknown enemy, forcing her and Nicholas to join forces. 

My sister signed me up to receive this book while I was in Florida because one, she knew I enjoyed Elizabeth Camden's previous book, and two, I personally think she wanted to read it. But anyway, when I learned that the book would be about the fight to put chlorine in the water, my interest was sparked.
I love learned the origins for things, which is one reason I love historical fiction, and I loved seeing when the idea to put chemicals in the water began. I'm such a nerd, but I do not apologize.
In saying that, the book was good, but the romance is definitely not the focus. And speaking of romance, the romance here is extremely rushed (or so I thought). And while I know the love story wasn't the point of the book, I felt the relationship underdeveloped. The mystery itself in the book is good, but I myself couldn't get into the characters or the story as much as I would have liked.
I really wanted to - it certainly wasn't from a lack of interest in the plot - but I just couldn't.

In saying that, fans of Elizabeth Camden will probably still enjoy A Daring Venture (even if I didn't), so don't take my word for it.

What did you think of the book?

Thank you Bethany House for the free book in exchange for the review. 

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. oooh I read the first book in this series and really liked it, so I'll definitely have to snag a copy of this one sometime! The history in these books are intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The history really is - while I wasn't a major fan, the book was still really good!

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.