A L O N G S I D E |Book Review|

7:44 AM

Alongside
by
Drew Hill

Publishing date: 2018
Publisher: New Growth Press
Stars: ***** F I V E


Hola readers!
It's been awhile since I've had time to actually sit down and review books, and I've missed ranting and raving about some of my favorite reads. Alongside is one I was unsure about but pretty quickly, couldn't wait to share.

Loving teenagers is far from easy. Reaching the broken isn't always something that comes naturally. For youth pastors, folks in youth ministry, parents, and just those naturally interested in reaching those on the Middle School/High School scene, Drew Hill writes for you. 

Learn more about Drew Hill at www.drewhillspeaks.com. He can also be found on Twitter (@DrewHillNC)

PEOPLE. This book is the bomb! I've felt for years that my calling is with the Middle School/High School teens, the outcasts and misfits and those who are just playing the background in a loud, upbeat world. I've worked with teenagers one on one as a teenager myself and now at 20, I still feel that same passion and love when I'm working with them.
But sometimes I feel so out of the loop with them. I don't always feel qualified. They talk about their phones like they're their best friends. There's drama with guys and not getting enough loves on musicly. Sometimes I don't understand their lingo. Sometimes I just struggle to feel I'm actually making a difference.
Drew Hill made my week though -- this book was like water. He speaks with frank, refreshing honesty through real life stories. He lets people like me know that you are okay, that God doesn't call the qualified. He encourages us to be a friend to the friendless, to see God working in the little things, and shows us from real life examples how God has worked in his life and the life of his teen friends.
I easily put this book down as a for a reread -- highly recommend to anyone. Anyone can read this and be impacted, no matter your age or walk of life.

Big thumbs up!

Thank you for New Growth Press for this free book to review.

You Might Also Like

4 of your thoughts

  1. Ah, that sounds like a really good book! I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is -- I thought of you when I was reading it! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Kara, just saw this kind review! Thank you soooo much! Thankful it was encouraging to you! -Drew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU writing this book and for commenting!

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.