Goliath Must Fall [a bookish post]

7:18 AM



If your human you understand what it means to deal with

rejection
fear
anxiety 
anger
past regrets 

You'd be lying if you said you didn't. It's so easy to get caught up in the whirl-wind of this life, the depression, the past, the future, and lose sight of God. But our heavenly Father has a much greater plan then the giants haunting you and He wants nothing less then the best for you. That is Louie Giglio's prayer - that you see how to make those giants came tumbling down and the key to living free from the walking dead giants that tend to rear their heads when you least expect it. 

| You are worth Jesus to God |
Louie Giglio 

Louie Giglio is one of my favorite authors in the Christian Life genre and I found this book a beautiful companion to Comeback as well as a stand-alone for those who haven't had the privilege to read the first. I knew Goliath Must Fall would be a beautiful book before it even hit shelves due to reading his fantastic seven day devotional e-mail series. All my life I've struggled with anxiety, fear, past regrets and the whole baggage - and so has Mr. Giglio. He knows what he's talking about and he shares stories to let you know that you're not alone.
This book is for the strong Christian, the new Christian, the skeptic - anyone. He manages to write without being overly preachy and uses personal experience as well as the example of David and Goliath to show how to combat your own giants. 
If you're struggling today I highly recommend this read - it's amazing!

Note: Booklook sent this book my way for free in exchange for this review here. 

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. It sounds like a good book! And that quote is incredible. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd really enjoy it - check it out sometime soon! =)

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.