life is hard but it's good |life of late|

6:28 PM



Hola readers!
In less than three weeks, The Broken Prince becomes a reality.
In less than three weeks The Broken Prince comes into the world.
And my life has been literally insane.
I haven't done a life post in a hot minute. I've been doing more reflection posts because literally that's all I have the energy for. Life hasn't been that interesting anyway.
Insane, but not very interesting.
I'm pumped for my book but a little drained -- and it hasn't quite sunk in. I'm going to be a published author -- that's a bit surreal honestly!

Random stuff happening...
  • I dyed my hair with henna again. It lightened my hair but didn't go as read this time around. I'm kinda in love with it though. 
  • I'm currently look for a car because I've been stranded in a parking lot maybe twice in the last two months. BUT I will say this: each time I have broken down, I've been blown away by how someone has been there to get me out. God's worked in it each time -- hands down. 
  • My amazing and beautiful soul friend is visiting me from Australia for nine freaking days. I am so pumped to give Jessica a hug. 
  • I got both twitter and goodreads but can I just say I'm a bit done with social media? Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds it extremely exhausting?
  • I became an ambassador for Only7Seconds. If you haven't heard of them, totally look into them now. I'm honored to help them in any way possible.
  • I'm freaking out because Maleficent 2 is becoming a reality and the first move was just so beautiful.  
Currently...
Life Screams from Lacey Sturm is an amazing album

Skillet's new release of Legendary is epic. 



I just finished reading This Way Home from Wes Moore. SO. Good. Wooing Cadie McCaffrey and The Loud Silence were also two other highlights from these last months. 





Journal tidbits...

April 8th
The Light is in us. We are the light. The darkness will not win. I watched a video on youtube and Jen Ledger was talking about anxiety. 
It's something you fight every single day of your life. It will be defeated in the end, but each day by choosing to stand, you win. 
By simply choosing to stand, you win. 

April 4th
Am I ashamed of my anxiety?
In many ways, yes. 
To see how far I've come, I'm proud, yet I disgust myself too. 

April 26th
Thank you for people that touch our lives, apples blossoms, green spring, being above to love, the smell of flowers, role models, friends coming in your life when you need them. Thank you for days off when I'm weak, scars that heal and always your unfailing love. 

May 1st
I don't have faith, Father.

May 2nd
Sometimes I'm tired of feeling people's pain, of seeing the darkness, of feeling the weight of knowing those I deeply love feel hell, of standing in a public place and just feeling this overwhelming sense of the brokenness in peoples' lives. Empathy is good. 
But it hurts. 
And sometimes I hate it. 

May 10th
It's not people's hypocrisy in the church we need to worry about: it's our own. Are we being the hypocrites we so desperately despise in others?

May 14th
To find my voice, I must first find God's. 

Life is good. It has its ups and downs, but that's life and I wouldn't want anyone else's. Someone once told me they are living the best life they know.
I think I feel the same way.
Life isn't perfect, but that's the beauty of it. It's an adventure.
And just another random news flash: MY BOOK WILL SOON BE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's chat! How is your life? What's going on?


You Might Also Like

6 of your thoughts

  1. I am so ready for your book to release to the world!!! Life has been okay lately. Its not been bad but its not been good either. I have starting writing poetry so that's been a good highlight :)

    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! I wasn't around when you were doing these, so this is something new and pretty cool!! ^^ Sounds like you have some excitements coming/ones that have gone and some down times. I'll be praying for you!! Blessings to you, Kara!!! And SQUEEEEE...your book is coming out and I want to buy it!!!!!!

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on it. XOXO

      Delete
  3. CANNOT wait to read Bethany's new novel. Her first book was pure magic. Ugh. I'm not on Twitter NEARLY as much as I used to be. When I first started it was so much fun, but now, in large part because of the changes Twitter has made, all I see is politics, and there's no fan-girly fun. That's not why I'm on social media, so it's tiresome. Needless to say, I'm just not "present" like I used to be, and the longer this goes on, the more "ok" I am with it. :)

    Hope things go well for you Kara, and CONGRATS on your novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the congrats, Rissi! There's some people I love on twitter so that makes it worth it. <3 But totally understand!

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.