i'm in love with watching the sun

5:34 PM




Hola readers!

I'm in love with watching the sun set, but just as much, I'm in love with watching the sun rise. I'm in love with standing barefoot in the wet grass watching golden light streak across the sky. I'm in love with feeling warm rays on my skin, with the growing colors of day. I'm in love with watching the darkness lift and with the cool breeze kissing my face.
I'm in love with watching the sun rise and being there and experiencing it.
Every sun rise, every sun set, if I can be, I'll be there.
Because when I am, I can actually feel God.
Because when I am out there, anxiety and depression and the weight of the day -- none of that matters in that moment. Social media, loneliness and pain...they don't matter quite as much as they did before. They're all still there.
They're ever present.
But when I am watching the sun, it reminds me that there is a God who stronger. I cannot deny God when I watch the sun. He's there. Even if in all other moments of the day, He feels so far, there's something about watching the sun rise that pulls me towards Him.
There is just such a breathless moment and beauty and power in watching a literal ball of fire rise into view, in seeing the colors painted across the sky.
It's something mere humans cannot plan.
It's something we hold no control of.

And it's beautiful.
Mind-blowing, peace inducing, beautiful.
And it reminds me that darkness will not win, that in the end the light prevails. Watching the sun climb into the sky reminds me that there is night but day will come. Watching the sun rise and set is like a hug from the Creator of the universe, a sweet reminder that I am not alone, that I am remembered, that He cares about even the smallest details.
Like me.
And you.



You Might Also Like

8 of your thoughts

  1. I love this! I could begin a whole photo album with the sunset/sunrise photos I have.
    I love how each one is different too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Same. <3 <3 <3 Each one is so unique and so beautiful. <3

      Delete
  2. You are the most wonderful and real soul. Thank you for being honest. Watching the sunset really does kind of take away everything and puts you in the moment it offers. I need to watch them more often. There's a spot by my house that if I am lucky and end up being there can dance while the sun goes down. It's a joyful feeling to dance in nature.

    Love you,
    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, beautiful! Dancing while the sun goes down seem so freeing!
      Love you as well!

      Delete
  3. those photos are super pretty. I like sunrises and sunsets also. They are one of my favorite things in nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are mine too! Thank you for commenting, Evan!

      Delete
  4. Soo true. I love my sunsets and sunrises as well!!! You can truly see Good when you watch these!!! <333

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.