When I Fall I Shall Rise

8:02 AM

picture via pinterest


I read a verse in the Bible last week that has become my anthem for my life.

Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me
Micah 7:8


Readers, what better anthem in life do we need then that? We always fear falling-or at least I do. 
When I was younger I hated going all out and playing baseball or football with my siblings because it usually meant I'd fall. I'd play, but I'd never dive for the base. I stayed safe and usually lost the game. 
I never liked playing where I had no control either. I preferred the board game Monopoly or checkers perhaps, if we were playing that type of thing.  I loved making the decisions. controlled my destiny.  And I hated falling. I tried to avoid that at all costs. 

When God gives us a calling we don't want to think of falling or failing. We'd probably prefer to say "IF I fall, I shall rise." I mean who wants to let everyone know that we're planning on messing it up? But Micah doesn't say 'if'', because he knows we're human. 
Instead he goes ahead and is honest. He says, "when I fall."
We can expect to fall. We're not without our faults. Even if we're 100% sure what our calling is or that we're taking the right classes or writing the right book or friends with the right people, there's a HUGE chance you're going to mess up somewhere in the there. 
We're going to fall people and Micah wanted us to know that. Just go ahead and admit it. We're imperfect humans in an imperfect world. We're going to make mistakes. We're going to be awkward. We're going to do stuff wrong. 
But God doesn't leave us there on the ground
"When I fall I shall rise."
We shall rise readers. You're not going to be held down because the Lord is over the entire earth, and He's going to help you up. He's going to take you in his arms and brush you off. 
The enemy has no control. No matter how many times we fall, we're always going to rise. 

You Might Also Like

8 of your thoughts

  1. thank you for this word of encouragement this morning <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so inspiring and beautiful! I am going to mark down that verse to keep re-reading- thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do! I'm fairly certain I underlined the verse in my Bible and I want to continue to go back and reread as well.

      Delete
  3. "When I fall, I shall rise."
    This is so something I needed to hear. I'm the same way. I hate having other's see me fail. I hate not being able to do as good as I thought I should. But we are all going to fall, and that's okay. Thank you Jesus! <3
    I'm going to write down that verse and stick it on my wall by my desk to remind me.

    Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could find as much comfort in the verse as I did. It's now my favorite and I'm clinging to it with all I'm worth. ♥
      Thanks for commenting, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  4. I had a falling sort of morning, and this post LIFTED ME UP BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!! It encouraged me that falling is not bad or unnatural and that God is the God who lifts us back up. He is good even when all we see is the dirt ground. He is good. He is good. I related to this post on so many levels and felt like it was //meant// for me, so thank you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God is good and I'm so happy that He used me in your life yesterday. I'm praying for you Hannah. I don't know what falling you had but I pray the Lord lifts you up.
      Keep fighting the good fight!

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.