The Closed Door |A Poem| AND a Graduation Photo Shoot With Korin|

7:14 AM










Oh, God how do I best serve you?
I know longer know what I should do
I thought I knew the dreams that you had for me
I thought I knew what you wanted me to be
But all the doors are closing and I'm on the floor 
My heart no longer wants to do the simplest chore
I feel so unsure
I'm so tired of knocking on the door
But this is where you want me, isn't it Lord?
Alone, insecure

Here I am on the floor, worshiping at the closed door
There's no more I can do
There's nothing I can be
But Lord now I see, I need this moment to be free
I need this moment to be all that you want me to be

~


God is teaching me right now more then he ever has about adulting and being the Christian he wants me to be. I wrote this poem a few weeks ago when I was most unsure and I want you to know: This isn't the end. Courage, dear one. If you're also feeling the pangs of uncertainty, it does get better, just continue to trust in the One who made you. 

You Might Also Like

4 of your thoughts

  1. Lovely photos, and words! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to your words. It's tough, but you just gotta trust in Him, right?

    Wonderful photos, too! I love the one of you and your graduation cap. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no matter what you have to because He's the only one who will always be there for you no matter what!
      And thank you - they're actually not of me but of my sister Korin. I suppose I should have mentioned I did a photo shoot with her. =)

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.