The Broken Prince Details + Release Date

8:24 AM



Hola readers!

I am so excited to have you join me on this journey to self-publish The Broken Prince. If you missed the announcement click here, but if you've already heard my excitement...keep reading! I can't wait to share with me the little details about my novel!

First off, can I thank you, my readers, for sharing in my excitement? Your own joy for me embarking in this (a bit) scary journey, means a lot to me. I so appreciate you taking the leap with me, being willing to join me.
Second, I may have chosen self-publishing but I am new to this world. I am familiar with some of the details due to self-publishing an (embarrassing) historical fiction novel in 8th grade for my family, as well as reading books on the craft for both self and traditional publishing. But is anyone really ever 100% ready for something like this?
It takes careful planning but mistakes are always made with every newbie, and I am sure I will have my share of mistakes in this learning process.

So in saying that, shall I share my details about The Broken Prince?!

 In all the fairy tales the maiden falls in love with the prince...but this isn't a fairy tale...


Born into a kingdom where those of magical Gifts are rejected, feared, and even killed, Serena has spent her life striving to hide her ability and keep her younger brother safe. The bastard son of the hated king and father he hardly knows, Prince Milosh is considered an outcast. He never expects to feel anything but contempt for the peasant girl who unexpectedly shows up in his life. When two very different lives are thrown together under less than desirable circumstances, both hold deep judgement towards the other. Will they learn to see beyond their stations so that they may defeat the coming darkness, or will labels given to them at birth continue to define them?



Milosh

Personality Type: INTP
Age: 20 


"Do you know what it is like to be hated, to be dashed aside because of something that is petty and unimportant in your eyes? Do you know what it’s like to have a cause you care deeply about to be snatched from you?”

“I—”

Milosh stepped back, his eyes dark. “I lived that bloody way until I turned eight and ten summers and my father wanted me. I had no one before that but my mam. I would be a cursed half-wit not to take a chance at being something and I will not let the chance of reigning go.

The Broken Prince





Serena
Personality type: INFJ 
Age: 17 
Specially Gifted: Fire 


Hunter continued. “Here I can help the folk if I become a soldier. I can make a difference like I couldn’t in the south.”

Serena nodded, her throat constricting with unexpected emotion. “But promise me ye will stay safe? Promise that when ye are making that difference in the world, ye won’t forget who ye are and all that Da and Mam taught us?

“Aye, but only if ye promise me that ye won’t go using your Gift?”

“Mayhap...” She allowed little sparks to dash through her fingers, filling the air around them with playful sparks. “But Gifts weren’t meant to be hidden...Because ye never know when I may get a strong urge to burn something...or someone.”

Hunter laughed. “Fine than. But if ye get yeself killed because of it, then I’m going to come and ye will have me to contend with.”
Serena closed her hand, the sparks vanishing. “Deal.”
The Broken Prince


Hunter
ENFP
Age: 15
Serena's little brother
Soldier for the king

Hunter stood tall and straight. “As a son of Sindaleer, I pledge my life to this cause.” He looked at Fell. “My life I place so that I may help a cause much more vast than myself.”
The Broken Prince



Pinterest Board


Spotify Playlist


https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ayK4LLID32Q9fDnGeJFpo

Release Date

It sounds so final choosing a date. I don't know how far ahead one should pick a date to release their novel but I'm going to go for June 3rd 2019. The date is pending to life and what will happen in between, but as of now that is the set date. 

So. 
PEOPLE.
It is happening. 
I am also going to have a call for a street team of humans soon if you would be willing to join me (more info in the next week or so). Blog posts will be slow for a short time here on Beautifully Broken due to the prep for the release of The Broken Prince and for that I'm sad but I'm also so pumped. 
So stay tuned for more updates, readers. I can't wait to share them with you!

You Might Also Like

11 of your thoughts

  1. aw, this is so exciting, Kara! I CANNOT wait to read "The Broken Prince" <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank YOU! I am dying for you to read it Allison!

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and can I just say how truly beautiful it is! I love the name and the design and after reading your about page, you seem like such a genuinely caring person. Can't wait to read more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Gracie! It is so nice to meet you!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for you and can't wait for the release. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can’t wait to read it! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH! I'm so excited for you! You got this girl! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.