February Run-Down + I need Your Questions

10:46 AM

Hola readers!
WOW.
It's almost the end of another winter month (spring is right around the corner!). There has been a lot going on this little month...


I cut my hair. People have asked me why and honestly I needed a change. I tend to get down into a routine...same hairstyle, clothing style, schedule...my comfort zone is a place I love to dwell.
And this haircut was far from my comfort zone.
I like to challenge myself out of the zone, out of the place I tend to remain. We tend to go into a rut over time, sameness becoming comfortable.


I announced the self publishing (JUNE THIRD!!!!) of my YA novel The Broken Prince. EEEKKK!!!! I am terrified excited. I bounce between utter fear and utter excitement that in a few months time you may have my book in your hands.
And speaking of The Broken Prince, is there anything you as a reader would like to see (blog-wise) about my book? It's been such a part of my life for so long that I don't know what you want to see. Please - questions, ideas. I would love to know what you want to see in the next few months about my baby.



I tried Doctor Who. I know so many fans of the show that it isn't even funny...so being the movie/TV show buff that I am, I decided to try season 1. I love Star Wars, I love fantasy....I really don't love the doctor. Can someone please tell me it get's better?


I read...

Gilt Hollow from Lorie Langdon
Smitten
Some of the Katie Weldon Series
Annabelle Lee from Mike Nappa

Highly enjoyed Gilt Hollow for a change of Gothic YA romance/suspense!

Listened to...
Veridia (some of there music is very relevant!)
Lauren Daigle (Almost Human!!!)
NF

Watched...
Doctor Who season 1
Merlin BBC season 4
You Can't Take It With You
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

February hasn't been terribly eventful. I basically spent a lot of time working and then writing on the side whenever I got the chance.  The weather has been unpredictable and as for snow we've never had more than five inches.
But life is good.
Really good.
It may be partially boring but life is what you make it....
God is good.
My depression and anxiety has been lower than it's ever been. I'm happy. My baby book is becoming a reality.
ANNNDDD my blog is turning seven this coming month!
I am planning some vlog Q & A s and I would love your questions! Honestly ask anything -- be random, be deep, be real. I would love to be both silly and serious with you. If you just need advice, I am honestly up for that too.
Please fill my comments with your questions -- I can't wait to chat with you in "person" this coming month. And quick reminder, I would also love to know what you would like to hear about The Broken Prince. If you have anything in particular you would like to know, please let me know.

Have a lovely week readers!

You Might Also Like

14 of your thoughts

  1. Yes! I would love to read more about The Broken Prince!! Be it character interviews, playlists, collages, ANYTHING!!!

    Ah! You watched You Can't Take It With You! I watched that this month as well, and I think it is my favorite film that I've seen this year (so far)!!

    Ah!!!!! 7 years!!!???? Congrats, girl!!! That is so awesome!
    Questions:
    What was the last movie you saw in the theater? What did you think of it?
    What is your least favorite book?
    What inspires you to write?
    What is #1 on your bucket list?

    Can't wait to see your vlog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOUR EXCITEMENT WARMS ME!!!!!!!!
      And yes the movie is amazing -- it's one of my new faves. I could have cried it was so good. XOXO

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your upcoming blogoversary!

    I guess I'll ask: What is the best writing advice you've ever received? (Because there is so much of it out there, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh please do character interviews! My plan is to self-publish my book in June too, so they'll be twins 😃
    I love NF 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay for being twinsies! I would love to help you out with promoting your book if you ever need the help. <3
      AND YES NF. XOXO

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy to read that your mental health is better, I've been praying for you! <33

    I'm also really excited about your book, and anything aesthetic + snippets is something I would lovveee to see in a future post. <3

    Questions:
    -Where do you want to travel to one day?
    -What is your go to snack?
    -What is one of your biggest dreams in life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your prayers mean the world to me Gray, I so appreciate them!
      Thanks so much for the ideas/questions/comment, beautiful. *Hugs*

      Delete
  5. That's awesome that your book is to be published soon! I really like your new haircut Kara. It is really pretty ( that is supposed to be a compliment, just so ya know.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Evan -- that's really sweet of you!

      Delete
  6. Happy (early) blogiversary!!
    Questions for the Q&A:
    1. Your most embarrassing situation?
    2. Do you like doing shopping? What?
    3. Dogs or cats?
    Have a lovely day and enjoy coming spring!! ♡
    Ann~
    https://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun month. LOVE your new hair cut! You inspire me to try new things and do old things new ways. :D
    I agree with all that everyone has suggested for "The Broken Prince". I'm really looking forward to seeing more from it!
    And here's a question for your vlog~ what are some of the greatest lessons you have learned through bloging?

    Hope you have a lovely March, dear friend!

    Love,
    S.F.

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.