55 little things of thankfulness

6:47 AM



Hola readers!

It's almost Thanksgiving. WOW. How fast time flies. Let's celebrate the little things.

1. Clear, starry nights.
2. A baby's smile
3. Free books
4. Editors who understand what you write
5. Readers who still read your rambles
6. A good night's sleep
7. Video chats from faraway friends
8. Fall sunsets
9. Libraries
10. Smiles from strangers
11. When someone says they see Jesus in you
12. Being free from anxiety attacks (I had my first one in months last week)
13. Working with the public and feeling no anxiety (last fall at this time I could barely visit family without extreme anxiety)
14. An edited book
15. Never being enough...but Jesus seeing me as worth dying for.
16. Lovely blogs
17: Like this one: Apples of Gold
18: And this one: Writing Is Life
19. Harry Potter stickers for my laptop
20. Boxes of letters from friends
21. Finding cheap mascara you love


22. Buying Christmas gifts for your family
23. Random tips from customers
24. A hug from a stranger
25. Being told I'm beautiful
26. A random stranger saying they like my shirt
27. The problem with your used car not costing you over two hundred dollars
28. Renting movies at the library
29. Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving
30. The fact that it's never too late to start again
31. Spotify
32. Two of your favorite bands coming out with cds in January
33. Feeding the homeless
34. White fingernail polish
35. Peppermint gum
36. Meeting a World War II Veteran and getting to thank him for his service
37. Heat in your car on freezing mornings
38. Books that impact your life
39. That God knows my heart even when others don't
40. Fear being a liar
41. That what I fear is never bigger than God
42. That God doesn't think badly of me when I question Him
43. Homemade gifts
44. Switchfoot
45. This song here which I could listen to over and over and pretty much sums up me right now.
46. Semi permanent tattoos
47. My mom cutting my hair for free
48. No longer being a slave to my darkness
49. A past that tells a story of who God is
50. People like C.S Lewis who helped me understand my faith
51. You. My readers. Who read my rambles and agree and disagree and pray and question and e-mail and comment. Your readership means the world to me.
52. Waking up to surprise snow in November
53. Surprise phone call from friends
54. Meeting a fellow home school family at random and proceeding to be total strangers yet still striking up a conversation like old friends.
55. Finding your cell phone inside the seat of your car instead of somewhere outside crushed under your wheels (long story)

+

Guys.

On a random note:
I have a pretty big surprise going on for this blog right now. No, I'm not getting The Broken Prince published (yet!)...but it's something that says thank you. It has to do with Christmas, which next to Thanksgiving, is my favorite time of year.
Be on the lookout for the announcement in the next weeks. I'm planning it N O W so it's going to happen. Don't worry! This isn't one of those times I say I'll do something and never do (I think I'm the queen of that). I've mad enough plans where I can't back down now. ;)

Have a lovely Thanksgiving, readers.

Let's chat!

What are some little things that you're thankful for this week?

You Might Also Like

13 of your thoughts

  1. What a lovely list! Life sure is full and overflowing with little blessings. I love how you not only included the bright and happy things in your list, but also the challenges and what they have taught you. You are such a wonderful example of rising above brokenness and helping others do the same. Love you, Kara! Hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving. ♥
    ~S.F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I love you too beautiful S.F! You bring so much light into my life and I treasure all our conversations. So thankful for you!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this post so much, Kara! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison!!!! I pray you have a beautiful Thanksgiving!!!!

      Delete
  3. its always good to be reminded to be thankful.

    today, I'm overwhelmingly thankful for my boyfriend. he's been so good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's awesome. <3 I'm so happy for you!!!!

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! Loved reading this list. :) Also yayyy excited for whatever you have planned. :)

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy late Thanksgiving Nabilia -- so thankful for you and all your encouraging comments you left me!!! They mean a lot! *Hugs*

      Delete
  5. I adore this! <3 Such a fun post. 8, 31, 51, 53 <3 all so wonderful! OH I CAN'T wait to see what it is. <3
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me smile. <3 Happy late Thanksgiving beautiful blogger friend. <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  6. So thankful for you and your lovely words too! xx

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.