what covid-19 has taught me so far

7:12 AM




This has forced me to come to terms with who I am, with what is important and

what is not.

It has made me appreciate walking out my door each morning, and the blessing of going to work. Covid-19 has shown me the importance of human connection, and how saying "I love you" is never overrated.
It has shown me just how fragile life is, how precious each breath is, and how no day is ever truly in our control. It has taught me how weak I am when I am alone -- how we all are.

It has made me realize how much we need one another.

I see life differently than I did two, three, four, weeks ago. I see the joy and pain and sadness and fear and triumph much more clearer. I see how I need to treasure each moment, to put down the camera lens and see the world simply through my own eyes.
I've realized the importance of taking it one day at a time, at focusing on the good even in the bad, at the hope in the despair, at the light trying to peek through the raging storm.

And I see more than ever the importance of unity.

Because one by one we fall, but together we can hold each other up until tomorrow.

You Might Also Like

10 of your thoughts

  1. It's put a lot of things in perspective for me too. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This situation certainly does make you see things differently. It changes so much, so fast. I never thought I'd see such a drastic change in just a matter of a few weeks, of people's behavior and thinking, of schools closing down, of the entire world seemingly at a standstill.

    But it makes me appreciate more, too. Health, job, closeness of family. And yes, unity. The way people have come together in such a difficult time warms my heart. <3

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm seeing things both good and bad I never dreamed of. It's incredibly hard but we're going to be alright.

      Delete
  3. I really wish you weren't working. I've told my employees to work from home and that I'd evaluate the situation in 6 months. It may not be over that soon. The best current projection puts the U.S. death toil near 1 million. I wish I could say otherwise. Even Fauci is admitting to a 6 figures toll. Stay in, tough it out as best you can. WV isn't a special place. The virus is everywhere.

    For perspective, look at this - https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not working at the moment -- I volunteered to "quit" after it was possible my dad was exposed to the virus. It's hard but we're doing well. The numbers are mind-blowing in the US and around the world. It's so sad.

      Delete
  4. Just one thing to say... you are a beautiful gentle and amazing soul.

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.