there's enough sadness |wherein you will find a happy post|

8:43 AM



Wind in my hair. Sunshine warming my face. Dirt on my shoes and soaking the bottoms of my jeans.
Birds. Dogs barking. Trees creaking.
Breathing. Breath in my lungs, life in my veins. Heart thumping. My sisters are laughing. The air smells like pine needles and wet grass.
For a brief moment I'm forgetting everything but this moment.
Life. I'm seeing life.



Yesterday I took one of many walks since COVID-19 began to take over our lives. I'm doing better than I have in awhile. To get out -- just get out and have the wind in my hair and the sun on my face. If only I could I bottle it up and hold onto it on the rainy days.
I've started on official edits from a real-life awesome human editor on The Crownless King AND I've started a brand spankin' new WIP that has a sort of Sherlock twist with lots of mental health aspects and lots of research ahead.
+
The Crownless King cover IS IN THE WORKS.
So much going on, both good and bad, and it's creating for an insane last couple of weeks.



Of late...

Spinning...

Random Hero 
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Nickelback 
Some Sixx A.M

Reading
Steven James books -- because Pat is AMAZING. Warning for those triggered by self-harm or suicidal scenes: sometimes graphically described. Otherwise these are such a light in the darkness and so much fun as a thriller.

Watching
Comedies. I Love Lucy. The Andy Griffith Show.



5 Things I'm Thankful For...
nature walks
phone calls
chocolate on my hands from gooey brownies
spotify workout playlists
laughter

Randomness heard around...
My boss on our group work chat: I'm running for governor

Me: The website just crashed 
Friend: Well....it was you on it
Me: True. 

My grandma after hearing after hearing about my current WIP: Aren't there more lovely topics you can try and write about?

My brother to me after I was asked on a date: He was just desperate 

My sister filing for unemployment: Have I worked for the railroad??
Me: Really.
Sister: They're just making me rethink everything about my life 


How are you lovely humans doing? What are you doing to keep sane during this pandemic? 

Drop your prayer requests below so I can be in prayer for you this week!

You Might Also Like

15 of your thoughts

  1. i'm doing awesome! Back in high school i used to love nickelback and listened to them too much. And the random snippit you made about your sister filing for unempolyment, it made me laugh a bit. Becuase i don't know many people the isolation i got from the CoronaVirus is not all that different. It is fruserating they moved all my classes online, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating but really the encouraging thing is -- we're all in this together.

      Delete
  2. This post is inspiring! I think I am going to write a similar styled post. I miss writing the reading... listening to... doing.... post types. I do agree that getting outside into the sunshine is helpful. I am sitting in front of a giant window at 11 in the morning and I can see oregon hills and clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks girl! I was missing those posts too and it was refreshing to actually write a "normal life" post.

      Delete
  3. Glad your finding happiness in all the craziness. Gorgeous pictures!
    Love your siblings! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Skye! It's not easy but it's a refreshing change to just breathe. <3

      Delete
  4. "He was just desperate."

    Something my brother would say to me. xD Brothers can be so funnnn

    I love this so much! I can't wait to hear more about your second book because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!! I loved the first book so much!

    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL YOU!!!!!! More details by the end of the month. *Hugs*

      Delete
  5. I was told something long ago. I never wanted to believe it, but I know now that it's true. Happiness isn't something you find. It's not something you can receive from someone else. It's a choice you make.

    Excepting the most dire of times, and then for only a short while, there's ALWAYS the necessary raw materials and tools available to you. You just have to want it badly enough to work for it.

    We're all about to be tested. Many will fail. Remember what's most important. Don't let anything else matter more to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW some truth there, Ray. I loved reading this -- happiness is something we choose. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I loved this and all of your posts!! OH MY GOODNESS- my family and I aren't the only people watching The Andy Griffith show these days!! o.o That's awesome!

    These times can so be so scary. Most of the time I don't really think much about it; we live in the country and stay home a lot anyway, but once in a while it'll hit me how huge this things is. And I'm an ENFP, so I kind of need to get out and talk to people once in a while. And now I can't. Three things that help me: praying, reading, watching happy/funny movies/shows, and baking. ;) I'll be praying for you, Kara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in the country as well BUT I am also an ENFP so times like this are the freakin' hardest. We'll get through them though, my friend. It looks like we're doing similar things to cope btw....I've already been planning what to bake haha.
      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  7. "He was just desperate." XD I'm pretty sure my own brother would say this to me, too.

    This is all so lovely. <3 And YAY I can't wait to see the cover!! *eager anticipation*

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brothers are the best, are they not? Haha
      AND YES to the cover -- I cannot wait to get it out into the world!

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.