Celebrating SIX YEARS |A Six Years Wrap-up/Celebration Post|

7:18 AM



Hola readers!

Today marks six years since I stepped into the blogging world.

Six Years.

That kinda blows me away. I don't know why it should but it does. Maybe because the little girl who started blogging grew up. Maybe because looking back I realize how young and naive I was and how much has changed.
But either way, looking back I see how blessed I was and have continued to be on this blogging journey.
My first fashion post in 2012 or 13

I began my journey March 20th, 2012 @ 1:31 PM on my parent's old laptop, naming my new blog Saved by Grace. I began my first post with:

I want to thank my parents for letting me have a blog! I still can't believe you said yes! (haha) 
Here is 5 random things about me. :)
1. I love photography (pics are below)
2. I love nature
3.my friends are amazing!
4. I love giveaways!
5. I like to write! :D

(As embarrassing as it is to read the post of a young teen starting to blog, I comfort myself knowing I've changed haha). I started out as a make-up free, short haired, tom-boy usually sporting a cheesy grin with my teeth hanging over my lip.

I use to not celebrate my blogaversary and honestly I didn't even know when it was a few years ago - until I found the first post. But something about five years (last year), really hit home and I've decided to take note of my blog's anniversary each year, because I want to take the time to thank YOU.

YOU, my dear readers who've followed my life and my journey and read about my world for six years.
YOU, my readers, who prayed with me, cheered me on, encouraged me, e-mailed me, and read fangirl posts, devo posts, picture posts, honest posts, and the posts where I didn't know if I was making a bit of sense. I thank you for being a part of Beautifully Broken and I want you to know that you each mean the world to me.
I love my readers, I'm passionate about the ones who comment on my blog, and I see each of you as friends.
A blog isn't the same without readers because otherwise I just may as well as journal (which I do anyway). Readers make blogging worth it. I love your feedback. I love your e-mails. I love praying for you and commenting on your own blogs and following you on social media.

THANK YOU. SO much.
One of my first headers ^

Published blog posts since 2012

800 Approx.

Comments since 2012

2,500 Approx. 

Countries reading...
United States
Australia 
Canada 
France
among others 

Most Popular Post
Book Vs. Movie {When Calls the Heart}

My first book review was "I Kissed Dating Goodbye," and my first movie review can be seen here
I rambled about The Desolation of Smaug (here) and I later reviewed it a few days later. Then that summer I went on to reveal my age here). 2015 brought on poems  and 2016 a post on commitment. In 2017 I got real emotionally when I did my post It's OK To Not Be OK and eventually changed Saved by Grace to Beautifully Broken here

I got all the social media stuff you normally do (Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc), and waited until I decided I wanted to publish a book before I made an author page. (AND for some reason I don't have this on the sidebar but my page is where you can see new post updates, pictures, and just stuff going on in my life here. ) 

Going to see the last Hobbit movie 2015

Time flies and yet looking back, 2012 seems an awfully long time ago.
Thank you once again. I don't think I have any readers from the very beginning - most bloggers I remember being 'friends' with in this bloggersphere back in 2012, have since gone on and got married and now have babies of their own. 
It's amazing to see where I was, who I was, and where God has brought me. 
I've thought about deleting a lot of my old blog posts and I have deleted probably the first 50 or so, just because I didn't want a cliche in google to make them pop up in your feed one day. However, a lot of them are there for the reading, just because they're who I was and a part of who I am. 

The laptop I used to write my first post in 2012 (I don't know why this picture was even on my files!)

Celebrating 100 followers in 2017

So thank you thank you thank you. 

I truly appreciate you stopping by on Beautifully Broken. 

And I want to follow YOU. Please comment below with your social links as well as your blog (if applicable). I'd love to check out your Instagram, facebook, Pinterest or other and give you a follow. I probably already follow your blog because as soon as you comment, I tend to check that out (though by accident I do tend to miss). 

So give me those links, if you think about it, I'd love to know how you stumbled on my blog and how long we've 'known each other.' Let's chat!


Have a lovely week readers and there may (or may not be) more blogaversary celebrations to come in the next week or so. 


You Might Also Like

19 of your thoughts

  1. Happy blogoversary. I know I'm a newer follower, but I love your blog for a few reasons. 1) You do posts that make people think. While I may not agree with everything you say and you may not agree with everything I say, you are so kind and it's nice to find that understanding and kindness in a world where thinking different is frowned upon. 2) Your posts have heart and I relate to a lot of the struggles you talk about. 3) Your posts have hope and reflect the love that Jesus has. So, in short, YOUR BLOG IS EPIC!!

    Six years takes a lot of commitment. I'm only approaching my first full year, so six is very inspirational.

    I can't wait to see how you continue to grow in the years to come. I don't have an social media links to share yet, but I will be getting an author twitter soon as I want to publish this summer. *crosses fingers*

    Anyway, congrats on six years and have a blessed day. <3 <3

    ~Ivie | Ivie Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for your comments and encouragement about my blog - that means the world to me!!!

      As for starting a twitter author page soon, that is VERY exciting!!! Keep me updated - I wish you the best of luck and blessings. <3

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary, Kara! I am so happy for you... six years of blogging is a huge deal! Your blog is one of my favorites because you are always so real, raw, and inspiring, and your posts are so full of God's truth. Also, you truly care about your readers, which is evident in many ways (I don't know of many other bloggers who would offer to check out and follow their reader's links on their blogiversary! I don't have many, but they're linked on my about page).

    I don't exactly remember how long I've been following your lovely blog, but I do know it only gets better as time goes on, and I can't wait to see where God leads you in the future with it. Congratulations! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW. Thank you for your encouragement - it's been fun getting to know each other in the blogging world (following up on your blog). (I followed you on Pinterest, by the way!)

      Thanks again Emily - your encouragement was a blessing this morning. <3

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Kara. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary girl!! 6 years is absolutely crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS crazy - crazy crazy! I just can't believe how much God has worked and the people I've met in these last six years through blogging. *Hugs*

      Delete
  5. Wow, six years is so long! Congrats!!
    I love your blog, it's one of my favorites, your posts are always so deep and meaningful and you are so kind and Godly. <3

    To many more years to come. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Gray! I'm so blessed that we were able to 'meet' in the blogging world. These six years have been crazy good with all God has done! <3

      Delete
  6. Wow what a legacy Kara! SIX YEARS, I can't imagine what 6 years on the blogosphere would be like. It was so fun and sweet reading over your posts, life changes us but there is still wisdom and charm in the people we were. AND BTW I LOVE that pic, you look so pretty and that smile is precious, i couldn't help but catch the smile bug just looking at it. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweet Anna - thank you! You made my day and your comment was like a warm hug in this chilly spring weather. *Hugs*

      Delete
  7. Aww this is so cute! What a fun tribute to all your years of blogging. :) I haven't been following very long, but I loved getting to see your old posts. They reminded me of some of my own from way back when... ahh memories. :) Thanks for sharing, and congrats on six years!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes memories, right? Sometimes shuddering memories, sometimes memories that make you smile haha.
      And thank you for the congrats! <3

      Delete
  8. Kara-- you are such a huge encouragement and inspiration to me! I've been here since 2013 and have loved following along with you and reading your amazing posts. Like you, I can hardly believe I am the same person I was when I began my blog. I've changed heaps and bounds... for the better. ;) I so admire you for being able to keep up your blog so faithfully. Your posts always make me think and do more than I have before. You have such an wonderful corner here in Blogland-- such a bright shinning light! I've also been equally blessed by your friendship. Thank you for everything, dear girl! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW we've talked since 2013 - amazing and crazy and such a wonderful blessing!!!! You are an inspiration in my life as well and I always look forward to your feedback, encouragement and/or fangirls.
      Thank you for your friendship!

      Delete
  9. I was just scrolling through the archives of my first blog a couple days ago and . . . *CRINGE* I've been blogging for just about four years now, and I've been able to see how much I've changed already.

    Happy blogiversary! I've enjoyed reading your thoughts about important things (great thoughts, btw), and reviews (since they often overlap with what I like)! Here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hanne! Going through old blog posts is very cringe worthy, isn't it? I know exactly what you mean!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Hanne!

      And going through old blog posts is very cringe worthy, isn't it? It just shows how much God is working haha. ;)

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.